What's new

Introducing myself to this forum (1 Viewer)

LincolnSpector

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lincoln Spector
Hi, folks.

I'm a professional, freelance tech writer who would rather be writing about cinema. Home theater gave me at least some chances to combine the two. I also write a locally-oriented Bay Area film blog, for which I occasionally write Blu-ray reviews.

I've recently quit my one regular gig, writing PCWord's Answer Line blog. Hopefully, this will give me time to write more about what I want to write about. I also wrote what I believe is the first and only long-running technology humor column, which appeared in various magazines over the 22 years I wrote it.

I've been involved with home theater since the Laserdisc days, but always on the lower end of the budget. A journalist's salary and 3 kids to put through college doesn't leave much money for truly expensive gadgets.

Here are a few articles of mine that you might find interesting:

Andrew M

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Melomet
Hi, Lincoln!

Welcome the Forum!

Now that you have a 4K HDTV does this mean you're going to forsake Movie Nights in my home theater?

Enjoy your new set!

Andy

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Hi, folks.

I'm a professional, freelance tech writer who would rather be writing about cinema. Home theater gave me at least some chances to combine the two. I also write a locally-oriented Bay Area film blog, for which I occasionally write Blu-ray reviews.

I've recently quit my one regular gig, writing PCWord's Answer Line blog. Hopefully, this will give me time to write more about what I want to write about. I also wrote what I believe is the first and only long-running technology humor column, which appeared in various magazines over the 22 years I wrote it.

I've been involved with home theater since the Laserdisc days, but always on the lower end of the budget. A journalist's salary and 3 kids to put through college doesn't leave much money for truly expensive gadgets.

Here are a few articles of mine that you might find interesting:
Welcome Lincoln - I'm sure I've read your work before :)

LincolnSpector

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lincoln Spector
Andy--

Of course we enjoy those nights, and love visiting you and Jane, but it's a pretty big schlep. It depends on what else you've got going and the movie you're showing.

btw,, 4K doesn't make much of a difference on a 55-inch screen--especially with the limited content.

Lincoln

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks