What's new

Intervideo/WinDVD annoys me mightily! (1 Viewer)

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
I bought WinDVD 2000 Multi-channel from Intervideo last year (02/01) for $50+tax. I purchased it via download. Now I want to re-install it, since I upgraded my OS, and the only version I can download is WinDVD4.0, and I have to pay another $40 for it (granted that's discounted from $50). I don't want/need WinDVD4.0. I was happy with the version I had. I paid for it, I should be able to reinstall it, right? This is F'D up, IMHO. I wrote to their customer service regarding this, but they only answer Monday-Friday, so I'll have to wait 'till next week. :angry:
Has anyone here ever dealt with a problem like this? If so, how did it turn out?

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
was there any particular reason you didn't save the install files from the previous time?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Did the download page have a thingy saying 'You're responsible for keeping a copy, that's why we sell physical media for an extra 10 bucks, but hey, we'll assume since you're downloading, you've got a CD burner or something.' or some such?

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I bought Power DVD 3.0 over the internet. When I bought it, I remember having the option of paying $10 more, in which I could download it again without having to pay, in case I ever lost it. I didn't take that though. Instead, I downloaded the software and immedietely burned it to a CD. Very convenient too, since I format my hard drive a wee bit too often.

Make sure you back up those files.

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Well, it was over a year ago that I installed it, and can't remember exactly, but all I recall is that I could pay $10 for a CD, or just download it again if needed. Maybe I misunderstood. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread