What's new

International Retailers for HD-DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I have noticed several titles like Reign of Fire that are avaialable on HD DVD in international markets that apparently will play on on current HD players. Any recommendations for international retailers who ship to Canada? Thanks

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Starstruck Entertainment at Sherway Gardens (just west of Toronto) presently imports HD-DVDs - as they had Reign of Fire and Harry Potter....

Call them at 416-695-2743

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys...I looked at Xploited and found only 15 HD titles, and they dont have Reign of Fire, which I think is a Japan release and may explain that. Will wait for CES to see what comes out of that first, otherwise will try one of the above

Jace_A

Second Unit
Reign of Fire is a Disney title in the States and has already been announced for Blu-Ray release in February. CES won't announce this title for HD DVD, so you're better off ordering from somewhere like YES Asia.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Twisted - do you run HDMS?
Credentials?
Why is Grinch cheaper?

HDMS Carl Mulder

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carl Mulder
Yumbo said:
Twisted - do you run HDMS?
Credentials?
Why is Grinch cheaper?
The Grinch is a lower price at HD MovieSource because it's one of our christmas specials.
Yes I am a co-owner of the company.
We are a new company, but aim to please with fast processing and delivery times. We're not a warehouse; like many online stores and actually enjoy what we do. All items will be shipped on day of purchase, via 1st class mail.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
It's been a long time since posts in this forum but thought I should pay a tribute to www.dvdgo.com for its excellent service.
I ordered their 10volume Blu ray collection of the Granada TV series of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and it arrived here in Australia today just five days after ordering it, and in immaculate condition.
And the Blu ray image looks great .. colours a bit bleached but a basically very solid transfer, way improved over the old DVD version.
I've tested the set on my Oppo player set to Region A, and it plays fine, which confirms that this set is multi-region although the box states it's Region B. And it's cheaper at DVDGo than via Amazon or Ebay.
Cheers

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
AnthonyClarke said:
It's been a long time since posts in this forum but thought I should pay a tribute to www.dvdgo.com for its excellent service.
I ordered their 10volume Blu ray collection of the Granada TV series of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett and it arrived here in Australia today just five days after ordering it, and in immaculate condition.
And the Blu ray image looks great .. colours a bit bleached but a basically very solid transfer, way improved over the old DVD version.
I've tested the set on my Oppo player set to Region A, and it plays fine, which confirms that this set is multi-region although the box states it's Region B. And it's cheaper at DVDGo than via Amazon or Ebay.
Cheers
I am not finding the Blu-ray edition of the Holmes set. Can you provide a direct link to that page, please? Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks