International Money Orders

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by alan halvorson, Nov 8, 2001.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Normally, I don't bid on auctions out of the USA or Canada, but recently I bid and won something I just had to have from a seller located in the Netherlands. He requested an international money order and so I thought, no problem, I'd just get a USPS international money order. But to my mystification, USPS MOs are no good in the Netherlands.
    I've checked out PAYPAL - PAYPAL will not allow a Netherlands seller to receive money. I don't know why. BILLPOINT apparently will and I've asked the seller to join and make life easy (just a little while ago - no response yet). Then there's BIDPAY. I have no idea if BIDPAY will work in the Netherlands and I've heard it's quite expensive also.
    Any other money orders that will work or suggestions on how to make payment (I won't send cash)?
    ------------------
    They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
    They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
    - Napoleon XIV

2. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Banks also issue money orders and Western Union money orders are accepted in many countries!
    ------------------
    DVDBeaver & My DVD Collection

3. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

I think that The Netherlands have a special policy on international payment, since it's almost impossible to send a payment from Belgium to the Netherlands, and we're neighboors !
    One of the mods (Cees Alons) is from The Netherlands, he might be able to give you more information.
    Vincent
    ------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)

4. Dave L

Dave L Stunt Coordinator

I use BidPay regularly for purchases from abroad, although not yet from the Netherlands. It's not that expensive when you consider the price of getting a bank money order and the time and hassle spent getting it and mailing it. You can do the entire transaction on-line. However, PayPal is still the best, IMO, for speed and ease.

5. Craig

Craig Second Unit

I'll second Bidpay as a convenient way to pay internationally. If they're set up in Belgium then I'd go them.