What's new

Intacto (1 Viewer)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I got this today, but I'm having problems with it.

The load up screen pixellates the logo, then by passes the main menu and boots up the special features which are also pixellated.

Anyone else having any troubles?

Joseph_mx

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, same problem with the load up screen logo and the special features but not a problem in the movie.

Real Name
Anthony
Yes ! I got this today and am also having the same problems.
Lions Gate intro logo freezes solid. Have to go to chapter 1 for movie, then menu to special features, all of which are unplayable due to digital breakup. I've only done a skip-through by chapter of the movie but it seems ok.

I'm just about to send mine back but I don't want to go through endless send-outs and resends. Obviously there's been a defective pressing. Question is, does anyone out there have a problem-free copy ?

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Out of interest Anthony, where did you get this disc from? Is it from *lay? In the end, I had to settle for a refund as I suggested to them that there was a mastering fault with the disc - they said no one else had contacted with a problem on this title.

Can anyone tell me how to contact Lions Gate about this?

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
Mine has the same problem...although it doesn't freeze on me, just becomes pixelated. I tried emailing Lions Gate but I've never received any replies from them before....so I don't think this time will be of any exception.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit

Yes, I can imagine that to be quite dispiriting... however, it's beginning to sound like this is a defective disc of sorts which has nothing to do with the retailer - the fault lies with the mastering.

What's a bit frustrating is that is an art movie which clearly no one has seen/or cares about. (shame, it's a cracking movie)

I do not own the disc now, and I am awaiting the R2 release. I'd still perfer the R1 dics though.

Real Name
Anthony
Neil - I take it you mean playusa.com ; yes, I did. What was your experience with them ? It says on their site that they test discs they get by return. Are you saying they denied there was anything wrong with it ?
I really hope they don't turn out to be a "difficult" site, as they've got good prices and they're pretty quick.But alarm bells ring when you have to return discs by Recorded Delivery and they'll only refund £2 of postage at most. There's something kind-of unfriendly about that.

As far as INTACTO goes, it's alarming no-one's posted yet to say they've got problem-free copies. That's four of us with the same problem.
The question is - if they're all in this state, but the movie is fine, is it better to swallow your pride and keep the version with the commentary or wait for the extra-less R2 version ?

Let's hope IRREVERSIBLE doesn't suffer from the same problems !

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Ok Anthony - I rarelly use *lay to be honest - only if it's a one off - I have a very reliable supplier in Canada. I kinda wish I'd ordered it from them, as they'd have busted some chops to sort it for me.

When I have used Play I have had no problems whatsoever.

Now, in regard to Intacto, I shipped my first copy back and get another. When I recieved the second copy and that too was dodgy, I emailed them to ask if anyone else had reported the problem to which they said no. Anyway, I said I was returning the disc and regrettably wished to have a refund. Ten days later I got the refund. I too thought about keeping this disc, but what was the point? I wanted to watch the extras - I tell ya - if this was a big release the DVD community would be up in arms about this fault.

I was hoping someone who reads these forums might be able to supply info on contacting Lions Gate, but as of yet...

As for Irreversible - this disc is cancelled in Canada due to legal issues, so I am assuming that *lay will not be able to deliver it.

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I've had no problems with my copy; I've played it on two different players, and it's worked fine on both, from the start. So there are some good copies out there.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What's a bit frustrating is that is an art movie which clearly no one has seen/or cares about.
Actually I posted a review of Intacto in the Expanding Horizons thread in Movies awhile back. :p) :)

As for the disc problems, I don't remember any (I rented it), but I didn't have time to go through all the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks