installing Wainscoting

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MarcCh, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MarcCh

MarcCh Agent

Has anyone considered installing Wainscoting in their home theater?? Is it difficult to install??

thanks in advance

Marc

2. Chris Lanni

Chris Lanni Stunt Coordinator

Christopher
    Hi Marc,

Wainscoting is just paneling, and as such you can install it the same way. Adhesive and/or paneling nails. I do not have it in my home theater, but do have it in one of my hallways. It does look nice and does not have to be painted, of course you can paint it if the desire strikes.

Gods Love
    chris

3. Mark R O

Mark R O Stunt Coordinator

Marc,
    Careful now! It starts with wainscoting or baseboard, next thing you know you are deep into crown moulding!
    The main issue I stumbled over a few years ago on my first crown/trim project was angle of the cuts. Your miter saw may be perfectly set, the most care taken but when you put it on the wall, there is a 1/4 " gap between two pieces. AAAArgh. Finally learned that walls are almost never straight, corners never 90 degrees, floors and ceilings never parallel.
    I urge you to go to Home Depot or such and pick up a tool called the True Angle. Looks like two rulers held with a thumbscrew at one end. It is a mandatory tool in my view for correct measurements. Be sure to get the associated book with conversion charts, step by step tasks and pictures. For more info check out www.compoundmiter.com Best of luck!

4. hgerman

hgerman Extra

Wainscoting would be a nice look for a home theater since it blends technology with tradition.