What's new

Insane songs to play on your SVS (1 Viewer)

David Ryan

Grip
If you want some really good jammin base I would say check out Bob Marley. I have several of his albums and some tracks like Jammin, Three Little Birds, or Rastaman Vibration have great Bass. Still all of his songs have a great Bass beat, and can bring down the house.

If you want to try something different try Trans-Siberian Orchestra. There songs are amazing when played on a surround sound system with sub.

Dave

Troy R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to Kevin_Wadsworth I got to hear his PB2+ over the weekend and can nominate "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Pretty much any of their songs have great bass lines and great bass in them. Victor Wooten is amazing on the bass guitar!

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
Snoop Dog (Heah I listen to everything),,,Murder was the case that they gave me is a true test of a musical bass...

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Thanks to Kevin_Wadsworth I got to hear his PB2+ over the weekend and can nominate "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Pretty much any of their songs have great bass lines and great bass in them. Victor Wooten is amazing on the bass guitar!
I know we are talking SVS here, but Hsu Research used this CD for demos at their facility. Great stuff, I went out and got the CD.

Although not "insane" bass, Ray Montford's "One Witness" from his Shed Your Skin CD has some pretty good bass guitar work on it,

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
If anybody has Harry Connick, Jr's CD "She," cue up the track, "Joe Slam and the Spaceship." Approach with caution. Start soft and slowly turn up the volume. There is some "insane" sub-sonic stuff there (I'm guessing down to single-digit Hz).

Also, check these threads here in "Speakers & Subwoofers" for more suggestions.

JKS

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Any song from Madonna's albums "Erotica" and "Bedtime Stories" should kill any sub and loud volumes. EXTREMELY deep and loud bass in any song you choose. "Rain" was already mentioned, and that's from "Erotica". Highly recommended!

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I know a lot of people don't like them, and they come on as evil, but Rammstein has excellent bass in all their songs, especially "Sonne"

muskie

Agent
So looking at this thread and the older one, I notice a distinct lack of FUNK. What gives?

Surely someone should recommend some Bootsy, maybe "Bootzilla" or "Rotorooter".

A track I think has really funky bass that no one really hears much but when I play it always gets the head bobbin is "Easin' In" by Edwin Starr off the "Hell comes to Harlem" soundtrack.

There are many excellent funk bass tracks, try The Meters "He Bite Me" off their rairities disk, it's all bass and drums as just the Bassist and Drummer put that track together or something. George Porter Jr. on Bass, Zigeboo Modeste on drums, the Meters can lay down a mean groove, they also have Art Neville on organ for extra low end.

Muskie

MichaelW

Stunt Coordinator
DJ Magic Mike and the Royal Posse - "DJ Magic Mike"

Track 10 - Feel the Bass (Speaker Terror Upper)

Wow. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't really recommend the disc for its wonderful music, but that is not what you were asking about now is is?

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
Probably the best song for low, continuous bass is three 6 Mafia "Late night Trip" but it's rap. I play it in my car all the time with 2 Kicker 12's and it sounds great. Never played it in the house though.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i just wanted to add this song.

its by a local pittsburgh hiphop group. they are actually really good beacuse they are sort of suburban hiphop and dont take themselves seriously. their live show is one of the funniest i have ever seen.

at any rate, they have a remix of one of their songs on a local comp, and here is the waterfall of its beat:

for the first many times i listened to it, i wasnt listening on a very good system (headphones, boomboxes, the like) so you can imagine my suprise when i finally listened to it with my SVS. regular systems only play the part of the beat that is just under 60Hz. once you listen to it with a capable sub or large floorstanders you hear the sub 30Hz part of the beat. its so much fun to listen to this song now. i only wish more people were able to get a copy of it.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
ps. sorry about the stupid picture. i just reinstalled windows and havent reinstalled my usual photo manipulation software. i had to do that real quick in paint.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Another vote for The Dust Brothers Fight Club Soundtrack and one for Fischerspooner #1. BTW does anyone know of any other albums the the Dust Brothers have done?

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks