What's new

Infocus X1 now $999 plus a $100 rebate till May 31st (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I wasnt really thinking projector at this time, but wow, how can you beat that price? I havent seen too many reviews of the X1, anyone have pointers that will kick me over the fence, or back off from it?

Sam

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I don't own one but all I can say is that for the price, you cannot go wrong. See if you can get some demos of this projector and others.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Sam:

I am working on trying to get some kind of package deal with this projector and a screen from TV Authority. In addition to the $100 rebate Infocus is upping the warranty from 2 to 5 years too.

I am seriously thinking of getting one of these myself.

Parker

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
At this price, maybe I should get one for my bedroom setup. Nah, my wife would kill me in my sleep.:frowning:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Infocus has dropped the price on their own site to $999. You still get $100 off or a free DVD player and the extended warranty from 2 to 5 years. In addition since they are updating their web site, for direct purchase from them, if you call to order it they will include the shipping.

Click here for the details.

Parker

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Wow!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Are you saying it's actually just $899 after rebate and includes 5 years total on warranty???

Maybe I should get it for my bedroom(!) at that price. :D

Too bad I don't have the room for a proper setup...

_Man_

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
As for my previous post about doing the demo of this projector, Parker has just bought one and apparently there is a 30 day return policy with no penalty or restocking fee. Buy now!!

Kyle Kuklinski

Auditioning
I just started looking at buying a new primary TV, would this be a viable option as a primary TV? I've never considered buying a projector since I'm only in college, so I am unfamiliar with what factors should I consider when asking if a projector is actually an option. I would appreciate any help you may offer. Thanks

Kyle

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kyle:

The facts on a front projection system is that it is going to be affected by room light. So if it is going to be in a room that has a lot of light into it then front projection is not something to look into. If on the other hand you can control this room light with curtains on the windows, etc. then this is a viable option.

This particular projector will be good for standard television and DVD. If you are looking for a projector that does HDTV justice then you want to look at a model that has at least an XGA resolution.

This projector only does SVGA but does scale up to XGA.

If you are looking for an entry level front projector to be used primarily for standard television viewing and DVD and you can control the light in the room it is in then this is a no brainer purchase. If on the other hand you can't really control room light then you might be disappointed in the picture quality during the day.

You can always pick one up while the price is this low and return it within 30 days if it is not going to work out for you.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Brian:

As I have in other threads you have 30 days to evaluate the projector and return it if you aren't satisfied with no restocking fee.

Parker

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Amy there has repeatedly told various people here otherwise, and I just confirmed with her again when I called back for my tracking number. (I should get it tomorrow! Whoa!) And just to be certain, I made a point of asking if this is true even if open and used during the 30 days (their site makes a distinction).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks