What's new

Infocus 4805 troubleshooting, bad bulb? (1 Viewer)

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys, I have been using an Infocus 4805 projector for several years. Last night I turned it on and about a 1/4 of the image was very dim. Between the normal area of the image and the dim area is a slight rainbow. The dim area almost looks like there is something semi transparent blocking the image as it leaves the projector. I shut it off and on but the dim area remained when it was turned back on. I also tried different sources, the problem persists. Is this a sign of a bad bulb? Bad color wheel? Is there anything I can do for free to repair it? I am planning on buying a new HD projector before the end of the year, so I don't want to put any money in this one. Thanks, Frank

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Many people have successfully repaired their light tunnels. There is a huge thread over at the AvsForum and there should be a lot of information there. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=610478&highlight=sp4805 One of the 4805 design engineers was active there for a long time. Depending on the severity, use of the "overscan" button can mask some of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks