Infinity TSS 450 speaker set

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by howard_, Jun 19, 2005.

1. howard_

howard_ Auditioning

I have a Pioneer 110 watt per channel reciever and I bought the Infinity tss 450 speaker set. It is 100 watts. I had the speakers hooked up and within 10 minutes, they started crackling. I could stand next to the reciever with no problem of being to loud. Do you think those were just defective speakers or do I need some that are at least 110 watts?

2. John S

John S Producer

All the speakers were crackling?? Sounds like a bad cable on the input source to me. I can imagine blowing every speaker at the same time.

3. EvanW

EvanW Stunt Coordinator

no need for any 110's ull be hard pressed to find them cheap and u probably were only sending less than 40 to them anyway it could have been bad cabling like john said or a bad recording or something like that.

4. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I would agree with evan and john. I dont think its even possible to blow 5 speakers at once. Plus those infinitys can handle some decent power.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If it isn't a bad hook up, my next and probably more likely choice would be that something is configured wrong. Do you have all speakers set to SMALL in the receiver's speaker setup menu? What is your x-over set to, if so? Do you have them hooked directly to the receiver or the sub's speaker level connections? With a little more info, we should be able to figure it out. [​IMG]