What's new

Infinity sub RABOS wanted!! (1 Viewer)

Timber

Stunt Coordinator
I’m trying to buy/borrow/steal a RABOS kit for Infinity’s newer subs. Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with; either permanently or as a loaner? If so, please e-mail or reply and we can work something out. I’d be more than willing to pay for it outright or as a “rentalâ€. Thanks.

Tim

Eric A

Second Unit
I don't have one but I found a dealer that did back when I owned an Infinty sub. Do whatever you can to get the kit. I would order one from Infinity. You can do that online. It will make an average Infinity sub sound excellent.

Timber

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,
I checked Infinity's website. $65.00 for the kit. I'm holding out a little longer, as that seems like a lot for the kit. I'll definitely get one, I'd just rather not pay so much:b .

Tim

Eric A

Second Unit
That is true but you get a very sophisticated SPL meter that is built especially for measuring bass response. Unlike the Radio Shack which cost around $35-$39, it is very accurate at 100hz and below. I really think it is worth it and even if you ever sell your Infinty you can still use the Rabos on any sub help find the best placement etc.

Timber

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,
That's a good point, I didn't really think of that. I would like to compare the two meters and see which makes for better settings/sound.

Tim

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I can't take the suspense any more. What is a RABOS?

I gather there's an SPL meter involved. But what else?
And what does RABOS stand for?

Thanks, guys.

Eric A

Second Unit
Timber,
Be aware that the RABOS spl meter is designed for use in the bass frequencies only. It has an LED readout and only gives you dbs + or - reference volume. It has been over a year since I had the Infinity and the RABOS kit so I may be a little off here but I am pretty sure. I still have some of the RABOS subwoofer graphing paper that I use to measure my current subs freq response on.

Phil*K

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,

I'd be more than happy to copy the CD for you and the instructions. You can buy your own SPL meter and then use infinities web site to get the numbers. I have a pr of IL60s so I'll keep the kit.

Phil

Timber

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,
That sounds GREAT! I'll send you an e-mail with my info. I'm sure my SPL meter will work good for this set-up. Thanks a lot.

Tim

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
The Infinity RABOS kit works very well. The meter is much more accurate than the RS at low frequencies, no contest really. (I own both the analog and digital). I've never owned an Infinity sub but wanted my Hsu's to be dialed in so I bought the kit. I've NEVER regretted the decision. I got it at Crutchfield about a year ago and would recommend you do too, if you want to make the most of your sub.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I would guess that the cd which has been specifically engineered for use with that SPL meter has any "compensation" for the meter's innaccuracies accounted for in mastering so that it's very accurate as a system. I don't think you can expect similar results with the RS meter and the same CD. Anyone found this to be the case?

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
I don't think the tones have been "doctored" to compensate for any meter anomolies. I just think the meter is more accurate.

Timber

Stunt Coordinator
Jack,
Man, don't rain on my parade;) . I'm really looking forward to using this kit. I'll try my meter and listen for improvements. Hopefully there will be. I'll post my findings.
Phil or anyone w/kit.
What about the adjustment tool. Can I use something else - screwdriver, allen wrench, etc? If not, I may have to buy the kit online. Thanks.
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks