What's new

Infinity PS10 Woofer vs HSU STF-10 (1 Viewer)

Suresh Reddy

Auditioning
Hi,

I almost picked up STF-10 then I saw this Inifinity PS10 both selling at same price at compusa for 340 $. I am newbie, could anyone please let me know which one is better ?

Also, I am kind of confused between B&W 303x4 mains, LCR3 center
and
Boston Acoustics System 9000 without the sub in it.

I am looking for a budget of 1000$ for sub and 5/6 speakers.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

P.S: I had life style 12, which I got rid off...after being unhappy for almost 2 yrs..so dont want to make same mistake again :)

CarlosM

Stunt Coordinator
Suresh:

I dont think your CompUSA will actually have any STF-2's on stock for 350 -- there are some pricing issues with them and Hsu. its normal retail is 399, so you may want to keep that in mind when comparing it with the infinity. With that said, id go ahead and put my money on the hsu out performing the (most likely) overpriced infinity... but both are on display live at the store, and while not the best enviroment, you can still do a bit of a/b testing on site to give you a more comfortable feel.

Sadly, i dont have any experience with that model of B&W, but my 602 S3s are absolutely beautiful and were worth the cost.

Suresh Reddy

Auditioning
Sorry...There was a mistake in my posting. Actually, you the guru's in hometheatre systems must be knowing...I meant STF-2 and not the STF-10 :)

Thanks Carlos for your suggestions.

Compusa guys didnt have the HSU on display.

CarlosM

Stunt Coordinator
did you check the store well for the display? I got the told exact same thing -- until i went 1 aisle over from their A/V section and found the hsu stf-2 + ventriloquist setup.

i gave the associate a dirty look after being told, "no sorry we dont have it"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks