What's new

Infinity Alpha Setup? (1 Viewer)

DarinY

Auditioning
I am setting up a home theater system with the Infinity Alpha series speakers. I will be using it for movies and music. I picked Infinity because I get a pretty good deal on them. I can also get the Entra series, but i believe the Alphas are better. The setup would include..

Receiver:
HK125
Front:
(2)Alpha 50 Series or (2)Alpha 40 Series
Center:
(1)Alpha Center Channel
Rears:
(2)Alpha 10 Series
Sub:
I have a seperate Sony sub which I will be using temporarly.

Any comments or anything on this setup is appreciated.

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Alpha series. 50's in front 40's in back 37c center. I have no complaints with the quaility of these speakers. If you can get them at a good price, I say go for it. The only thing I would suggest with your set up is your receiver. I would look at somthing with pre outs, maybe the 325. I have a HK525 and a HK PA2000 and am looking on upgrading to more power, maybe a parasound 2205.

DarinY

Auditioning
what would the preouts be used for, advantages? How much power do you push the 50's with, and how loud do they get?

also would the alpha 10s for the rears be enough?

paulBAW

Stunt Coordinator
Darin, do you work at a Future Shop by chance? Future Shop carries both brands. The Infinity's we used to carry were a very inefficent speaker. I'd consider an HK 325 at least. Both the Harman Kardon 125 and 225 will choke on those speakers.

If you do work at Future Shop, consider the Polk Audio LSi line. They are a much much better speaker. I had my eyes on those the PSB stratus Minis, then I just found out I could get a deal on some Paradigm Studio 40s. One last listen for me, till I decide between the Polk Audio LSi 9's or the Studio 40's.

The tweeters on the LSi series can really sing.

DarinY

Auditioning
nope i dont work at future shop i can just get a good deal from a friend and its mainly only infinity. which home theatre setup would you pick from infinity without spending a huge amount?

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
If you're in Canada, PM or email me the pricing you're being offered and I'll let you know if you're really getting a deal or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks