What's new

Infinite Baffle sub reference material needed (1 Viewer)

Darren_T

Second Unit
Hello,

Ok, I'm in that place we all go to when the next project is in sight. I currently have an Adire Alignment vented Tempest handling the low end of my HT and music setup. I'll be moving into a new home with a dedicated theater room soon...no I don't have a house picked out yet but am actively looking. When I get into this next home I plan on building a true theater with multi-level seating, curtained walls with columns, a faux stage, and will eventually replace my rear projection TV with a front projector. I don't really want my equipment visible so I'm considering holding off on my next subwoofer project which was to be a slot vented Tumult. I'm now considering an infinite baffle sub with 4 Tempests or AV15's. I guess I need a bit of an education on infinite baffle subs. I've never heard one. Do they sound like a sealed sub? Are they quick, slow, good for music (not a big deal in my HT)? I guess it depends on the driver chosen and wattage mainly. I've learned you need to cut the wattage to prevent bottoming out etc...

In my area nearly all homes have a crawl space under the house and good attic space also so I should have adequate space.

Can you give me some advice or links etc. so I can learn a bit more?

Thanks!

Darren

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Darren

Do drop by the Cult, checkout the FAQ and photo gallery pages.

IB bass is the finest quality bass I've ever heard. Great for either HT or music.

No it really doesn't sound like a sealed sub. It has a very characteristic SQ all it's own.

With an IB one is able to hear levels/layers of detail in the bass that can't be differenciated with standard 'box' subs

Darren_T

Second Unit
Thanks guys. I read the FAQ and other info over on the Cult. Very good information. I think that is the route I will be taking. IB is just so darn convenient if you have the room. Now, I just have to figure out which driver/cost ratio makes the most sense.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks