Inferno (1953) (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Josh Steinberg said:
On one hand... that's good news... on the other hand, not putting out the 3D version seems like a wasted opportunity.
"seems" like?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
After reading these latest postings, one wonders what might now be going through the mind of Panamint's HTF representative.
One big missed opportunity one would think.

Doug.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Too bad, since this is so much better than Gravity in its use of native 3D.
However, it's such a good movie that it will play well in 2D, just not as it was originally conceived and shot.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Bob Furmanek said:
That's helpful.
It wasn't my intention to be "helpful", sir. Merely to express that for some of us, a 2D blu is not only perfectly acceptable but welcome. I certainly respect your (and others) desire for a 3D release and I hope you would in return respect my (and others) for whom the Panamint blu is sufficient. I would never buy a 3D version of Inferno. A compromise of a 3D/2D combo release would make everybody happy but, of course, that's not going to happen.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Rhonda Fleming in colour on blu-ray, Inferno is a must buy for me. At this stage in the format it is good to see lesser known films like this receive a blu-ray release.

Top of my most wanted list is Slightly Scarlet, Rhonda Fleming in colour with cinematography by the great John Alton.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
INFERNO is one of the top ten (maybe even top five) 3-D features of the Golden Age. Roy Baker was rightfully very proud of his intelligent use of stereoscopic cinematography. He told me as much in a November 1999 phone call shortly before the publication of his auto-biography.

3-D is how the film was initially conceived and photographed and there is a fully restored, HD 3-D master ready to go.

To release it flat on Blu-ray would be the same as releasing a black and white copy of a color film.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
ahollis said:
Should still reside with 20th Century Fox. Maybe from Twilight Time.
Twilight Time did say on Facebook they will have another 3D release. We just don't know when, the studio and the title.

Attachments

• inferno.jpg
    inferno.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 59

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw "Inferno" projected via dual 35mm a few years ago, and it was an awesome experience. Didn't know anything about the movie going in, and was sucked in by how the 3D photography really emphasized every story beat.

A 3D Blu-ray of this title would be a day one purchase. Heck, it would be a day one preorder.

That said, I have zero interest in the film in 2D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks