What's new

3D Inferno (1953) 3D Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Panamint Cinema said:
See our BD web-page: http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2103371

All region free except Inferno Region B.

Russlel
Further info on our Blu-rays:

"Faces of Scotland" (1938-1971, 198 mins) - Nine restored documentaries, all but one in colour, about life and work in Scotland in the 20th century from the Films of Scotland collection held at the National Library of Scotland. Produced to coincide with BBC Scotland's 6-part series on the collection. Includes "Seawards the Great Ships" - which won Scotland's first Oscar in 1961. Treatment by the father of the documentary John Grierson. Also "The Big Mill (1963, technicolor) about sheet steel making in Scotland at Ravenscraig and Gartcosh plants.

"Battle for Music" (1943, 186 mins, b/w). Two versions of this film, restored by Panamnt Cinema from 35 mm master material at the British Film Institute. The film tells how the London Philharmonic Orchestra was saved by the Orchestra's members after going into liquidation in 1939. They were helped by J B Priestley and Jack Hylton (who booked them to tour the Music Halls), who both appear in the film. Features many fine performances by the Orchsestra on tour, with Dr Malcolm Sargent, Sir Adrian Boult, Benno Moiseiwitsch and Eileen Joyce and others. Also three shorts about music and the arts in Britain during the Second World War. The film was widely shown in the United States.

"The Gorbals Story" (1950, 95 mins). A drama about a young newpaper boy (Russell Hunter) trying to escape from one of the poorest areas in Scotland and become an artist.

More information at: http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2103371

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

All the above first time releases on home entertainment.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I know I have one of your releases(don't ask me which one). I go to Oxford once every 2-3 years for a creative writing seminar(each is 3-4 weeks).I bring tons of DVD(and now, BD) home.Last time over, I went to Jerez(Spain, GF was there working on US Navy helicopters) for 10 days.I'm on the fence here.Have a good PAL DVD of it already(with an Elite DV-49 or Oppo 970 to play it) and could care less for the 3D.This film is great...period.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Panamint Cinema said:
Further info on our Blu-rays: "Faces of Scotland" (1938-1971, 198 mins) - Nine restored documentaries, all but one in colour, about life and work in Scotland in the 20th century from the Films of Scotland collection held at the National Library of Scotland. Produced to coincide with BBC Scotland's 6-part series on the collection. Includes "Seawards the Great Ships" - which won Scotland's first Oscar in 1961. Treatment by the father of the documentary John Grierson. Also "The Big Mill (1963, technicolor) about sheet steel making in Scotland at Ravenscraig and Gartcosh plants. "Battle for Music" (1943, 186 mins, b/w). Two versions of this film, restored by Panamnt Cinema from 35 mm master material at the British Film Institute. The film tells how the London Philharmonic Orchestra was saved by the Orchestra's members after going into liquidation in 1939. They were helped by J B Priestley and Jack Hylton (who booked them to tour the Music Halls), who both appear in the film. Features many fine performances by the Orchsestra on tour, with Dr Malcolm Sargent, Sir Adrian Boult, Benno Moiseiwitsch and Eileen Joyce and others. Also three shorts about music and the arts in Britain during the Second World War. The film was widely shown in the United States. "The Gorbals Story" (1950, 95 mins). A drama about a young newpaper boy (Russell Hunter) trying to escape from one of the poorest areas in Scotland and become an artist. More information at: http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2103371 Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema All the above first time releases on home entertainment.
Apologies for butting in here, the name "Russell Hunter" rang a bell, could be a totally different person though!, my Dad used to live in Easterhouse, he told me a chap called Russell Hunter lived in the flat below him and he used to do a bit of acting. I wonder if it could be the same person. I think my dad said he was in one film and had a character name of 'Lonely'.I may purchase the blu ray for him.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panman40 said:
Apologies for butting in here, the name "Russell Hunter" rang a bell, could be a totally different person though!, my Dad used to live in Easterhouse, he told me a chap called Russell Hunter lived in the flat below him and he used to do a bit of acting. I wonder if it could be the same person. I think my dad said he was in one film and had a character name of 'Lonely'.I may purchase the blu ray for him.
You are thinking of Russell Hunter from Callan, he played Lonely in that tv series, he has passed away now.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
FoxyMulder said:
You are thinking of Russell Hunter from Callan, he played Lonely in that tv series, he has passed away now.
Ahh yes, that's the one, thanks Malcolm. I might get the Gorbals bd for my dad though.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
FoxyMulder said:
Russell Hunter died in 2004. "The Gorbals Story" was his first film. His first wife, Marjorie Thomson is also in the film. He is also in one episode of our "The Vital Spark" DVD http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=12814076. Roddy McMillan, star of "The Vital Spark" also has a leading role in "The Gorbals Story".

Hunter also appears briefly as a police constable in our DVD "The Brave Don't Cry" which we again restored and released last month: http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14128825

Russell

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panamint Cinema said:
Russell Hunter died in 2004. "The Gorbals Story" was his first film. His first wife, Marjorie Thomson is also in the film. He is also in one episode of our "The Vital Spark" DVD http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=12814076. Roddy McMillan, star of "The Vital Spark" also has a leading role in "The Gorbals Story".

Hunter also appears briefly as a police constable in our DVD "The Brave Don't Cry" which we again restored and released last month: http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14128825

Russell
Yes, i remember him well. :)

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Panamint Cinema said:
Russell Hunter died in 2004. "The Gorbals Story" was his first film. His first wife, Marjorie Thomson is also in the film. He is also in one episode of our "The Vital Spark" DVD http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=12814076. Roddy McMillan, star of "The Vital Spark" also has a leading role in "The Gorbals Story". Hunter also appears briefly as a police constable in our DVD "The Brave Don't Cry" which we again restored and released last month: http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14128825 Russell
Hello, not sure if you saw my previous post. Anyways I would like to buy 'The Gorbals' for my Dad, I have already purchased 'Inferno' but when I add Gorbals to my basket its trying to charge me again for Inferno, am I doing something wrong ?.Thanks.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Our 3D Blu-ray release of "Inferno" is now in stock and selling fast.

All pre-orders have now been shipped.

Orders for delivery outside Europe should arrive within 4-5 working days.

We are also offering bundle deals on our other Blu-ray titles at:

http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2103371

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema, Scotland

Attachments

• BLU1005-3D.gif
    BLU1005-3D.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 37

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Panamint Cinema said:
Our 3D Blu-ray release of "Inferno" is now in stock and selling fast.

All pre-orders have now been shipped.

Orders for delivery outside Europe should arrive within 4-5 working days.

We are also offering bundle deals on our other Blu-ray titles at:

http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=2103371

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema, Scotland
Do you have a limited number of copies of Inferno like TT? I have'nt bought a region free 3D blu-ray player yet.

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
Wonderful news! Will we receive an email notice that our pre-order has shipped?

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Maybe I missed it, but how did Panamint wind up with the rights to release INFERNO and how did you get involved, Bob?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wow! What a great 3D Blu-ray this is. Picture quality and 3D are first rate. Previously I'd only seen the film many years ago flat and black and white on TV but on this disc everything looks so real. I like the way the film itself dispenses with all preliminaries but gets straight down to the action making for a very taut thriller. It's also good to see the original intermission card. Splendid extras as well - the original Rhonda Fleming theatrical trailer was fascinating.Presentation overall is excellent with a very informative 16 page booklet. Very much hoping Panamint can release more 3D.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
bgart13 said:
Maybe I missed it, but how did Panamint wind up with the rights to release INFERNO and how did you get involved, Bob?
The box and pre-menu credits both refer to the film being licensed from Hollywood Classics. Hollywood Classics are agents for the major Hollywood studios in Europe and licence titles to labels if the studio itself is not releasing the film on disc.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Douglas R said:
Wow! What a great 3D Blu-ray this is. Picture quality and 3D are first rate. Previously I'd only seen the film many years ago flat and black and white on TV but on this disc everything looks so real. I like the way the film itself dispenses with all preliminaries but gets straight down to the action making for a very taut thriller. It's also good to see the original intermission card. Splendid extras as well - the original Rhonda Fleming theatrical trailer was fascinating.Presentation overall is excellent with a very informative 16 page booklet. Very much hoping Panamint can release more 3D.
After viewing and/or restoring prints of nearly 40 Golden Age 3-D features, I can safely say that every single one of them benefits from viewing in the intended stereoscopic version.

The fact that they have been buried for the most part for 60 years is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks