What's new

Indy Jones available as Box-Set ONLY?!? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Is there any OTHER way to buy the Indiana Jones movies? Perfection!!!
Agreed, bring'em on! TOD is the first movie I saw in a theater, it has a special place in my heart. I love them all, I think I actually prefer Crusade to Raiders.

I do understand why some are pissed though.

--
Holadem

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I don't, but to each his own. Paramount surely won't charge Godfather prices for the set, and if they do, they are flat out retarded. I assume the set will be $30-$40, just like BTTF and similar releases. As beloved as Godfather is, Indy has far more mass appeal and built-in Joe 6 Pack sales, not too mention it is coming out at a time when DVD is far more widespread than it was when the Godfather set was released.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Given the price for the Godfather box, that is not a reasonable assumption.
But you said it yourself... a "reasonable" assumption (I wouldn't consider the GF trilogy price reasonable). A reasonable assumption would be that the Indy set would be just as cheap as BTTF.

Sure, it would be nice to buy these movies individually, but if the boxed set is reasonably priced, then you have a tough argument for wanting separate ones.

Sorry for the disagreement, but I'm a FIRM believer that DVD's shouldn't be 'cheapened' to make them affordable to every person out there. (If ture) asking for $35 for a set of 3 movies is MORE than a reasonable price.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm with Nick - I don't think the Indy set will be as expensive as the Godfather set. In the intervening 1 & 1/2 years since that was released, Paramount has revamped their pricing structure.

As for me - give me the box, and all the Young Indys as well!! :D

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Paramount is once again forcing us to buy all or none
Firstly no one is forcing you to buy anything. Secondly, why the hell would't you want all the Indiana Jones movies!?!!? They're all excellent.

And say what you will about Temple of Doom, but its just as excellent as the others.

In fact I've noticed this trend with Lucas films now. Ever since Phantom Menace, many people attack his older works for mirroring the new ones. Many people hate Jedi cause the Ewoks reminded them of Jar-Jar. Suddenly, people hate the Kid from TOD, like they hated whinny Anikin. I'm not saying this goes for anyone in this forum, but I've noticed this amongst my friends.

Can't we focus our hate on bad movies that actually deserve to be criticized like Scooby-Doo? Can't we all just get along?

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Another box set vote here, even though I too can't really watch Temple Of Doom without wanting to ring Kate Capshaw's neck. :)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I will be buying the boxset regardless as I like all three
I like all three too. And for those persons who don't like being forced to buy all 3, I suggest that you sell the ones you don't like on eBay. I doubt that you would have any trouble selling them.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I have a feeling that the documentaries "Great Movie Stunts" and "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" as well as "Great Adventurers and Their Quests and the Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" will not be included.

At this point I'd rather just have the three movies and skip the extras altogether. Recent supplements have bored me. There all the same and just seem to be glorified EPK's. They'll just relate the same stories we've heard over and over again.

I'd like to see all of the films have their complete score's isolated (I'm sure this will not happen). I'd love to have every trailer and TV spot for each of the films. A poster gallery featuring every poster and print ad as well as preliminary concepts. What I don't want to see is a 15 minute documentary on the making of Raiders where once again we get to hear how Harrison Ford was sick the day they came up with the shoot the swordsman scene.

Neil

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I loved Temple of Doom, much better than Last Crusade, which sort of fizzled out at the end, and Indy's dad calling him Junior every 5 seconds was really pissing me off.
Roger Ebert called Temple of Doom "one of the most relentlessly nonstop action pictures ever made, with a virtuoso series of climactic sequences that never stop for a second, a technical triumph and a whole lot of fun", and he's right.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
i'm sorry if this was already mentioned.....
paramount wants to realease all the films as a boxed-set
speilberg and lucas want to release 1 a year for the next three years, which, by then the much rumored 4th Indy flick will hit theaters, THEN they would want to release a box set of all FOUR films.....
Anyway at least that's what i had heard
Either way, I'll buy the boxed set now if they release it, i'm on the side of the fence who likes all three movies so i'll definately take them sooner than later;)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I will be very surprised if this box set sells for less than $45 at any retailer. Good deal for 3 films plus a bonus disc? Sure. But not when I only want one of the films.

It's bizarre to me that anyone WOULDN'T want people to have a choice.

I hated the Ewoks when ROTJ was released. I hated Short Round before Jake Lloyd was born.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Ok, I need to throw a wrench into the works. If this box set has four disks, where is IJ4 going to go?
There's not going to be a fourth movie.
They keep talking about this but do you really want to see a 62-year-old Indiana Jones ?
It's not going to happen - and that's a good thing.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's bizarre to me that anyone WOULDN'T want people to have a choice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pan and Scan is a choice. Try arguing the need for that with everyone
That's not really fair. While I don't care personally if it's released individually and/or as a box, I don't begrudge someone wanting it individually. It's not WRONG to want just one film like it's WRONG to want pan and scan.

I'm just not actively seeking an individual release as the boxed set meets my personal needs.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
It is not that I am against people having a choice. It is just this perception that started the thread that Paramount "owes it" to the the public to put it out separately.

As I stated, everything is a business, Paramount is packaging product to maximize profit.

If instead of a box set, Paramount announced that Raiders were being released separately but it would cost $49.99, would that make a difference ?

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
Even though I love all three Indy movies and want them all in my collection I still was hoping for separate releases. One special features disk just isn't enough for me. Each film should be a 2-disc set like the Star Wars DVDs.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Count me as someone who likes the box set. Even though I don't like the 3rd movie...I still want the box set for "completist" reasons.

Same with Aliens...I want that box set though I'll *never* watch Aliens resurrection!!!

-dave :)

p.s. I'd also much rather have a single box-set release than have the films made available separately staggared over some sort of "release schedule". I view them all as one thing. That's how I'd like to buy most films that have sequals...like the Star Wars films (original), Godfathers, Waynes World, Brady Bunch etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks