What's new

Indy DVD's on 10/21, any deals 2 be found? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Without mentioning any store names, $44.99 is going to be the cheapest B&M price (not including membership stores like Costco). Damn, I was hoping to grab a $39.95 price somewhere.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
As a die-hard Indy fan, the only option for me is to go to Best Buy for the bonus disc. Hopefully I'll be able to price match with another ad, though.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Costco doesn't run ads....at least in my area (San Jose, CA).

I just looked at Overstock.com and their price also went up a couple bucks from a few weeks ago. I think they had it at $42.99 and for the first time buyer, $5 off to get you down below the $40 barrier with $1 shipping.

I was able to get the $42.99 price plus 10% off during that "sale" a few weeks ago so I am probably right at the $40 mark which isn't too bad.

Looks like the $40 barrier is holding fast.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I stopped pre-ordering my movies on line. The b&m are letting them go at really great prices upon release dates. Matrix Reloaded 14.99 WS, Lion King 14.99. In fact, J & R that never competed, has now for past two months pricing new releases right in line with Best Buy and Circuit City. If you haven't pre-ordered already, my suggestion is wait for David Lambert, his postings comes on Sundays, and those prices are just great. Will be a busy week next week, Indy, CAFT, which reminds me I better get the Superbit of Charlies Angels for that guilty double feature pleasure. Girls, here I come;).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
For A List Titles it definately is worth waitng for B&M's
But I'm finding for things Like "Batman Mystery of the Batwoman" or "Christmas Vacation" i'm better off ordering on line, or TV Box Sets there seems to be better deals online like the Homicide 3rd Season for $53 shipped at DDD.

No running around to find they got one copy in and its gone.

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree on Wal-Mart. I still get so surprised when I see how cheap they're new releases are. HELL they may even throw indy for 24.00 ;) Only wishing.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
With the combination of the exclusive disc at Best Buy, the fact that I'm a frequent Reward Zone user, and that there are no loss leaders in sight, I think it will be a Best Buy pickup for me on this title.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
If you sign up at overstock.com they will give you $5 off and it will be 40.69 shipped, plus you will have it by thursday if you order soon enough.

Samuel_M

Agent
Hello:

Just wanted to jump in and offer my two cents...

From what I've been able to tell, after searching this forum, and others, the lowest B&M price on this is gonna be $44.95, plus or minus a couple of dollars depending on where you live.

Someone had pointed out at another forum, that the downside to the Indy release date being bumped up, means that it falls outside the 30 day price adjustment policy of most stores...the significance of this is of course is that if there is some crazy deal on Indy on Black Friday (11/28), it won't qualify at least if you purchase it during the ad debut week.

So if you're not too hung up on the BB exclusive disc, then Costco might be your best bet. After coupon, price works out to $32.99 plus tax. Even if some crazy deal did pop up on Black Friday this year, I seriously doubt it would be too far off of this price. Personally, I don’t think that 10 minutes is worth an extra $12, but for you die-hard fans it may very well be. I know others who will be getting it, and if I really wanted to see it, I can just borrow it from them...

Of course, Fry's could surprise everyone and offer it for much lower, but we won't know until Sunday (at least on this forum).

Good luck to everyone! ;)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
But I'm finding for things Like "Batman Mystery of the Batwoman" or "Christmas Vacation" i'm better off ordering on line
I've found that almost all of WB Animation's stuff is advertised week-of-release by Target for really good prices. Batwoman will feature in next week's ad cheaper than the lowest price currently shown at dvdpricesearch.com. :)

The only thing I buy on-line anymore is non-advertised catalog or TV box sets (like B5) that I can get at Amazon.ca much cheaper than advertised B&M here.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
possible 34.99 of for the set at ECKERD DRUG STORE.

someone at dvdtalk says they have seen next weeks add with this price.
it says "$34.99 "Indiana Jones Trilogy" on DVD."

the "on DVD" part is in small print right below the "Indiana Jones Trilogy" part.
the picture shows the full screen version.

i have not seen the add yet so unconfirmed.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Agree with the Target/Batwoman thing.

Tony, there's no Eckerd Drugs here in Memphis! :frowning:

...guess I'll just have to stick with the plan I already have for Indy. Dah-dah-DAH-dah, dah dah daaaaaaahhhh!

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
We have Eckerds here, and if they're anything like Walgreens, (another drug store that jumps on the DVD bandwagon for big releases once in a while), they may well only stock the MAR version. I just hope that if they're selling at that price, perhaps others will also.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
David - I'm in the same boat....no Eckerd in or around Minneapolis. Oh well. I'd go the Costco route but they have a membership fee!! I rarely use my Sam's Club Card - their dvd prices SUCK for new releases. Oh well....guess I'll have to shell out the extra $$$ for this one :angry:

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
But will there be any widescreen sets left by Black Friday? Got The Matrix Reloaded at Walmart just a few days after release and there were almost no widescreens left. Tons of FS. Oddly enough only a few VHS, which were actually priced higher than the DVD.:)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got The Matrix Reloaded at Walmart just a few days after release and there were almost no widescreens left. Tons of FS.
Its too bad that its probably because Wal-Mart stocked too few WS and not because more people are buying WS than FS at Wal-Mart. I was hopeful there for a second! :D

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Well, I pre-ordered through DeepDiscountDVD.com and they emailed me today to tell me they've shipped it for $44.89.

Hey... 10¢ is 10¢ :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw the Eckerd's ad, and it's the Fullscreen version of the Indy DVD boxset that's depicted in the ad for the $34.99 price. I am not optimistic that Eckerd will stock the widescreen version of the boxset.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks