Indy DVD's on 10/21, any deals 2 be found?

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by todbnla, Oct 11, 2003.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Looking for the best price on the set, anyone know?

2. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

The best deal I've found is the Costco $10 coupon when you buy the $19.99 2-packs of DVD's. I picked up Clear and Present Danger and Patriot Games (both Collector's Edition). The Indy box will cost around $33 with the coupon.

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Best Buy has it listed for $44.95 on their Web site; I'm hoping they will drop it to $39.95.

4. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

Under $40 shipped at Amazon using Share the Love. [​IMG]

5. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Any guesses to what the B&M prices might be? The last time I ordered a new release B&M's had it cheeper and my shipment did not arrive til it had been out on the shelves for 4 days and it was a catalog title also![​IMG]

Wes

6. Paul Drake

Paul Drake Stunt Coordinator

7. NeilO

NeilO Producer

BJs has a whole bunch of cheap DVDs (the best title to my eye was Chinatown) which have $5 off coupons on the boxes for Indy if you buy it there.

Neil

8. jimbo w

jimbo w Stunt Coordinator

I went with the costco 2 pk (we were soldiers/apocolypse now) for 19.99 and a 10 dollar off coupon for indy. 2 packs vary but all are good deals

9. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah I went the Share the Love route at amazon, in fact I've done that recently on most of the new box sets coming out. I figure it's going to be around $40 at the B&M's and if it'll Save me the trip I would rather have it come to my door. Of course it'll probably 35 bucks on Black Friday but it's not worth it to stand in crowds for 2 hrs to save 5 bucks

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Target told me that they plan to sell Indy box set for $44.99 on street date, and that I'll "see it in the ad that way". That's direct from an employee.

Don't take that as the final answer, though. I don't think he's high enough on the food chain to know the really secret cool stuff. [​IMG]

Food for thought, tough.

11. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

What is this mysterious "Share the Love" [​IMG]

I figure there will be some B&M with a sub-$40 price tag, but I have a juicy gift certificate for Amazon. However, if I'm going to be paying almost 10 bucks more...

12. Andrea W

Andrea W Supporting Actor

13. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

ah, I see. Thanks Andrea!

14. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

15. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Thanks for the clarification, David (Williams). The free soda was mentioned in passing but I forgot about it. I guess the "next to" pricing is just such a given in Target's ads that the employee didn't think to much about it. As to the difference of $1...well, $45.99 is rather an odd amount, don't you think?

Well, BB.com is already showing Indy for $44.99, and it could go down from there. Plus they'll have the 10-minute-long (IIRC) bonus disc. Hey, that's better than Dr. Pepper (which I can't stand anyway).

CC.com says $49.99 right now, but that's certain to change.

Costco.com shows $42.99, for best current overall price (but no freebies, of course). Plus you can go to Costco right now and buy one of several Paramount DVD 2-Packs for $19.99 (combos like "Patriot Games SE" & "CaP Danger SE", among others) and it has a coupon on it - good only at Costco - for savings on Indy. I think the savings is $10. None of the combos interested me, because I owned most or all of the films involved, so I don't have this coupon. [​IMG]

Samsclub.com is offline right now, so no way to check them.

16. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

David,
    I'm not sure if this has been covered somewhere else, but do you have any information as to what is on this 10 minute long bonus disc which appears to be a Best Buy exclusive? I believe I can get this set cheaper and was wondering if this bonus disc is worth the extra bucks? Thanks.

17. ScottJH

ScottJH Supporting Actor

Scott
    It's looking less likely that Best Buy will have this for $39.99. BestBuy.com usually updates their website on Wed. with the following weeks loss leaders. The other 2 big releases for next week, 28 Days later and Charlie's Angels:FT are now showing up as $17.99 instead of the previous $19.99. The WS Jones box set is still showing as $44.99 and if you click on the fullscreen version it shows normal price $58.99 sale $44.99

18. Howard Glenn

Howard Glenn Stunt Coordinator

For those that like ordering from Outpost.com, they have the set available now for $39.99...if you're a first time buyer, you can probaly knock another $5.00 off the total.

Howie

19. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Looking at outpost.com right now, that $39.99 price is for the pan and scan version, while the widescreen is $44.49.

Neil

20. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Try to get Share the Love it's the Best Price I've seen 40.94 shipped, although you might have to wait a bit for the free shippiong