What's new

Individual Health Insurance Coverage (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
My girlfriend is a part-time student and she works part-time so she doesn't have access to health insurance through her employer. Does anyone know of a legitimate Iinsurance provider for individuals? Can anyone recommend one?

I would like to have major medical, annual visits, and dental if it is offered.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I have my family healthcare through blue cross/blue shield. Since I'm a consultant, I needed to get my own insurance. It is expensive, but it is something you have to have. As far as dental is concerned, I wouldn't bother with it. The monthly payments that you make is not worth it. If you have to make $30/month for dental, a typical office visit/cleaning is about $60. So in the long run, it will cost you more for dental. There is usually a maximum of $1000 if you need major dental work. Just check the plan.

David-S

Second Unit
You might want to check her school, I'm not sure about part-time students, but I know as a full-time you can usually get (fairly) budget coverage...

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I second david. I'm int he same boat and could get coverage for like 450/semester. Do I? no hehe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks