Indigo Girls in Super Audio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Scoggins, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Friends,
    The Indigo Girls Super Audio came out from Sony today and it is quite good. I am probably not the right person for a detailed Indigo Girls review since I am not as familiar with the older releases, but I can tell you this - this is beautiful music.
    The recording, as many new SACD releases are, is great. While not the last word in soundstaging, the guitars and instruments are very clean sounding and there is a large amount of presence and realistic midrange on this recording. And this all from Tree Sound Studios, nearby in Norcross, Georgia. The engineer was Bob Clearmountain for you audiophiles out there in HTF land.
    Let me know your thoughts about the Indigo Girls - I love Galileo. What albums do you recommend?
    Enjoy the music[​IMG]
    Lee

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Anyone else like the Indigo Girls SACD?

3. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

I picked up this SACD last week at a Coconuts in NJ - where they tend to put out their SACD releases a bit early.

I only have the original Indigo Girls CD - and I personally like this new album better.

This disc is another winner, and the MCH mix is a good one. Very clean sounding disc, with very silky smooth vocals - not one touch of harshness at all.

Recommended if you like the Mary Chapin Carpenter disc or the Alison Krauss discs.

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Michael,

Coconuts sounds like a good place - I'm jealous! I had to beg Tower to get my hands on it before the put out the new product.

I am working on the Alison Krauss SACDs. I hear they are great!

Lee

5. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

As for recommendations, I would definitely go pick up 1200 Curfews; probably their best album in terms of selection and performances, and a great cross-section of their material. Swamp Ophelia is pretty good too, but there are definitely some misses as well as hits.

"Shaming of the Sun" and "Come On Now Social" should be avoided, IMHO.