What's new

Indiana Jones 5 (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I love Temple of Doom. Granted, part of why I like it is because my wife does a hilarious Willie Scott impersonation but I think it also just works really well as a straight on adventure story, whereas the last two movies get a little bogged down in Indy's Zany Family Dynamics.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
With a worldwide box office haul of nearly $784 million (the second biggest hit of the year thus far), of course Lord Lucas and co. are looking to do another one. Spielberg is circling his next directing gig, expected to be "Lincoln", so don't expect to see the fifth Indy flick until 2011 at the earliest.

Concerning 'Temple of Doom', it remains my second favorite of the Indy flicks (behind 'Raiders'). I know a lot of people have issues with it, but I've always really dug it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's worth remembering, all three main participants seemed to genuinely love doing the fourth one. Ford had said he'd do more Indiana Jones at the drop of a hat for years before the last one, and the delay has been about them being passionate about doing it right. If they all finally got on the same page to do it, I don't think it's terribly surprising that they'd try to put another one together while they were still in that place.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Pete, it's important to separate "story" from "script" when talking about Indy 4. Lucas certainly insisted on the story aspects of KOTCS: aliens, 1950s, etc. But the script was all Spielberg and Koepp.

I'm with Chuck: let's do Indy V without Spielberg. His heart isn't in Indy anymore. Would love to see what Peter Jackson or some other talented director could do with it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really liked the last one so i'm looking foreward to the next adventure. :emoji_thumbsup:

The only thing I didn't care for in the last one was the whole aliens angle, I think Indy is best when he's tracking down relics from OUR past.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
KOTCS has grown on me with subsequent viewings, so I wouldn't mind one more ride with Indy. I would like to see Indy go after a non-alien artifact this time around. There are TONS of McGuffins out there that he could go after.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I was struck by a moment in the making-of material on the two-disc DVD set. Ford, as Jones, says to Cate Blanchett's character that he doesn't know what she's talking about (refering to helping to find the box in the opening scene). But Ford delivers the line in a wise-cracking manner...like the Indy of old. While in the actual film, the line is delivered in a TOTALLY boring, straight (flat) way by Ford. That's what was missing in the fourth film...the wise-ass humor!!!!! I found the non-action sequences to be BEYOND boring and that wasn't my feeling on the first three at all.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am apparently way too easy to please. I never met an Indiana Jones movie that I haven't loved the hell out of. Bring on #5!!

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Nah, I liked it too. I didn't even try comparing it to 'Raiders' because, let's face it, the other sequels (that means Crusade as well) didn't hold up to the first one as well. So KOTCS fits nicely between the other sequels. It's an homage to the cheesy 50's sci-fi, and unfortunately there are people who do not get that.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

That's what I thought. I thought it was damn near the perfect homage to the Roger Corman 1950s alien type film. Dead on. And a great transition from the earlier Indy films which were all 1940s Nazi / Wartime root for the good guy type vehicle.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Well, more like the 30's serials, but you get the point
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
. I loved how the movie incorporated the 50's theme. Not only the nuclear threat, but the Russians as well. The ending fit perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks