What's new

Inception Blu-ray "Skips" (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I never had any problems playing this disc on my PS3. These problems sound like player issues. When properly done, BD is a great media for reproducing "film-like" images, but it is sad that a format that has been on the market for a number of years now still has issues playing discs, without regular firmware updates.

music613

Grip
Real Name
avrohom leichtling
I've had no problems of any kind with my copy of Inception, and I'm using a Panasonic BD35 (or30??) which has had no firmware updates since 2008.

As to sync issues: my Panasonic theater system has only 1 optical audio input - so, since I have both a bluray player and a cable box running to the same input, I have to use an optical splitter in reverse (two outputs to one input). The TV is a 50" Panasonic Viera flatscreen I've noticed that when I switch over from cable to bluray and do not turn off the cable output and wait for the device to "settle" before shifting the flat screen inputs from HDM2 (cable) to HDM1 (bluray), there will be fairly serious asynchronicity until I first shut everything down, count to 10 (slowly) and then reboot everything, so to say.

Dave>h

Second Unit
I also have a sammy blu ray and it also skips or has sound sync issues. Has there been a firmware update for this? Anyone done an update recently?

Thanks,

Dave

drcap24

Auditioning
Real Name
JC
I have the sammy 2550 bluray player and I get drops in audio/ out of sync issues, where I have to pause to fix it, I am on frimware 2.7 the newest. Very annoying for me because it occurs when the train strikes the car and I have to pause it to fix it :(. Its my favorite movie to :(.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
OK, does anybody have any ideas on this? I have a Samsung HTC5500, and just got the new firmware, and it still does it, and it happens the worst on Watchman. Just talked to tech support and they told me to reset my system...again.... since I got the new update. I have also disabled BD live and it still does it. It is only on these warner discs that have this immersive movie mode. It seems like it's only happening on Samsung players. Would it work if you adjust the a/v sync?

rickrude

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
I have a samsung BD6500 with the latest firmware and, like everyone says here, watching Inception was difficult. Aside from trying to figure out what the hell was going on with the plot, there were several minor freezes and a/v synch issues. Sometimes pausing the movie corrected the a/v problem.

neeb

Grip
Real Name
Gabriel
I have a Sony and had the same problem at the same time (about ten minutes in). I upgraded the firmware and the problem continued.I exchanged the disc and the problem disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks