What's new

In the market for a new receiver. (1 Viewer)

I was just looking for some input on which receiver i should buy. I have about 1100 to spend. I am looking to hook up my TIVO (reg), Dvd player either hdmi or component, and xbox 360 with component. I am going to run component and hdmi to my projector. For sound i am still going to run 5.1 until i move into a bigger place.

I was also wondering if the s-video out that the tivo has is going to look better when i run it through component or hdmi (up-converted) right now it is very hard to see during the day since it is 480i where as my dvd player still looks good during the day.

If there is anything else you might need to know just let me know.

thanks for the input

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Take a look at the Denon 3806 and the Pioneer Elite VSX72 or 74.
There are quite a few threads with similar needs. Do a quick search.

YC

mylan

Screenwriter
Brain, hooking up your TIVO through S-video may be an improvement but not to the extent you are wanting. It seems to me you need to find a way to shade the screen during daytime viewing, how does it look at night?

It looks ok at night. I just want direct tv to get off their butts and release the new system so i can upgrade. i just got the 3806 from my uncle. i love it so far. one thing i was wondering on it.... i thought it up converts to component and hdmi automatically to the minimum of 480p but the s-video signal from the tivo is still reading 480i and suggestions

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Upconverted sources won't look any better but its a lot simpler to wire if you only have to run one line to your monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks