What's new

In Her Shoes (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I'm an only child but I still felt the relationship between the sister's very interesting and complex. Of course Colette always hits it out of the park.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I watched this for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it, a lot more serious and dramatic than I had thought it would be. I had the impression it would be more of a comedy.

I was a bit disappointed though that Shirley Maclaine did not have a bigger role. I always enjoy her work and thought she would be more central to the movie. Was a bit surprised she didn't even show up until what seemed like a third of the way into the movie.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I read the book a few years ago and the movie seemed like a very faithful translation to me.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought McClaine did have a central role and that she is not the typcial "Aurora Greenway" type character has sold a lot of people that I have talked to that normally wouldnt see it because of her.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well she was a central figure, in that she was the grandmother they didn't know and in a way was responsible for getting them back together. But her screen time was much less than it appeared it would be and how they used her character was kind of minimalist. I just thought she was going to be more involved directly with the sisters and getting things to work out, and throughout more of the movie.

I still enjoyed the movie though.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I actually thought more screen time would have made it a Shirley McClaine movie and it didnt need to be that. It was about the sisters with Mcclain in a supporting role.
On the other hand I do remember the posters for this movie and they made it look like a Cameron Diaz comedy which by all means, it was not.
Mismarketed!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
A chick flick through and through, and an enjoyable one at that. Good performances, interesting, sweet story.

My only beef would be the extended coda. Lots of unnecessary scenes at the end.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks