What's new

In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776 (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, reading has diminished. By me too. :frowning:

Since my very early youth, and until several years ago, I was an avid reader (and I used to read really fast) as well. As a result, my library grew very large, but, well, I still read very fast, unfortunately much less (books).

That's why I recently forced myself to start buying books again. Both fiction and non-fiction (the latter concentrating on a chosen topic).
Indeed, Mike, it's not only much cheaper than in the times of the Founding Fathers, but much less expensive on Amazon than in our own youth. :)

So, to continue the good works, here's what I just ordered:

David McCullough:

Brave Companions
Truman
John Adams
The Course of Human Events; Audio CD

Mornings on Horseback: The Story of an Extraordinary Family, a Vanished Way of Life and the Unique Child Who Became Theodore Roosevelt

The Great Bridge: The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge
The Path Between The Seas : The Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870-1914

Joseph J. Ellis:
His Excellency: George Washington
American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson

Walter Isaacson:
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life

:)

Cees

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm too cheap to buy most books. I generally get them out of the library here. Only the odd book which they don't have do I purchase, generally used via the Amazon partners. The Idaho Supreme Court sits downtown so there's a public law library of large size too - with free Westlaw access when you are there!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees: Lots of good reading there.

There are many interesting stories surrounding the Roebling family and the construction of the Brooklyn Bridge. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks