What's new

Imput needed! (1 Viewer)

Big2ue

Auditioning
Real Name
Quincy Walker
Hello everyone I'm in the market for a plasma 50+ inch tv and was wondering what's a good brand to go with? Will be used for general use such cable tv, gaming and BR watching. Why is plasma only 600hz instead of 120 or 240.

tv-tech

Grip
Real Name
Jim Murphy
A plasma is "marketed" as 600hz, an LED/LCD is "marketed" as 120hz or 240hz. All it means is the way the signal going to the panel is read by an o-scope. Plasma manufacturers started using the marketing term of 600hz to make them compete in a market of Hz numbers. Stay with a name brand LG, Samsung, or Panasonic from there it becomes personal preference. I'm a tech, so I don't really get that involved in specs, I buy based on picture quality in the way I plan on using the set. Meaning, I don't use Blue ray at all on my main set. It is used for cable with a STB to give my wife something to look at, so 1080p picture quality isn't that important to ME. However, being able to have an acceptable picture quality on lower quality signal is. My Panasonic plasma looks amazing with high quality signals. My Philips doesn't look as good as the Panasonic, but on analog cable it is acceptable. My wife just doesn't understand the HD bands on cable (she has MS, and the 50,000 times I've told her doesn't register). The newer plasmas, from my understanding will do everything you are after, look closely at the features you want, then make a decision. Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks