What's new

Impressions of HSU Turbocharger (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jason

I tried your link, not quite correct, please fix so others can see what we have going for us.

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
its working for me, i dont know whats wrong with it. try it again. If it doesnt work go into the forum on the HSU site and check it out

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Looking at the graphs that were added into the thread later....personally I don't think I'd mess whith the 'turbo'. Looks like it makes the response curve slightly less smooth.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They have been working on their site, so there may be issues accessing it off and on. I couldn't see it earlier, but can now.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jason

The link works now...I left a message for you in your Turbo thread at the HSU Forum.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jason

I know what you mean about wanting more of the slightly higher frequency bass rather than the

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
When I bought an SVS 25-31PC I found that I was happy with extension down to "only" 25Hz. But because of all the flap I see on the net about getting the last octave I've upgraded to subs with more extension - first a DIY sonosub tuned to 21.5Hz, now an IB sub that's flat to below 20Hz. What I've found along the way is that the 25-31 gave me plenty of extension to begin with. With the IB I've gained more SPL (mostly bragging rights) and a stealthy sub install. But the SVS sounded darn fine to begin with.

I've often wondered how much of the "max extension" argument comes from people with actual experience with different sub tunings. That thread on the HSUresearch forum is a good example of this. I think the most significant comment comes from the guy who made the graphs with and without the turbo:

"If I didn't recalibrate I had a 3dB difference between with and without turbo."

3dB!!! That's huge! How many turbo users realize they're sacrificing 3dB of headroom across most of the range? I'm sure its fine if you're in a smaller room or have multiple subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks