What's new

Impressions of Ghost Recon? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
So what are your alls impressions of Ghost Recon? I already have MechAssault, and I'm getting Xbox live as soon as I can find it. I'm really looking forward to playing with you guys. So how is the game?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Fucking awesome. BUY IT!!!!! NOW!!!!!!

When I was doing my game purchasing I was thinking, MechAssault would take all my time and GR would just get played everyonce in a while.....Well I played both last night and I sit here at work with nothing but GR on my mind!

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Does GR support system link play? I searched online, but found no info. How many players can play on one Xbox?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I was'nt going to buy this but with Unreal delayed till tommorrow and no preorder to pick up I've been tempted to Get GR.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Hmm. I want to put a shooter on my X-mas list. It'll either be:
* Ghost Recon
* splinter cell
* unreal tournament
* SOCOM.

I'm leaning toward one of the first two - from what I'm hearing, the XBox live experience kicks the PS2 online experience up and down the street (only played Live and not anything online w/ the PS2 yet, so I don't know.)

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Dave...I don't think Splinter Cell will satisfy your shooter cravings. Not sure if you played the demo but the game play is definitely tilted quite heavily towards stealth/sneaking around rather than shoot everything that moves.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm on the fence for picking up this one, I know it's a realistic Squad sim, but what the objectives of some of the missions? And How exactly are they set up I mean if you are playing say with 12 other guys do all 12 guys work toward an objective or is it 6 on 6, give me the Poop !

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
YOu can do either CO-OP which is human vs AI or team which is human team vs human team. Some of the objectives I saw last night were things like secure the caves, rescue the pilot, take out the convoy. All of it was awesome. My only bitch is the friends menu. Great game so far. I like the control and the training is pretty good.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Tomorrow or Monday... My copy of GR should be here either of those two days. I hope you guys aren't all experts by the time I get into the action! :)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I played it last nite, but not online. (No XBox Live for me until tomorrow.)
Very cool. I played multiplayer against a friend, as well as some co-op. The maps we played were quite detailed and large. I can see myself playing this online for a long time. Once I play it online I'll be able to compare it to SOCOM.
But, I do have a few beefs. One is that you don't see your gun. I'm still so used to Halo that it feels odd not seeing my pistol when I fire.
The other nitpick is that you can't jump. It sucks not seeing something like a fence and then wondering why my dude can't move forward, and rather than jump over an object, he (or she, you can choose gender in this :emoji_thumbsup: )
has to walk around it.
But after playing the game more, it's something I'll get used to.
One question though, is there anyway to turn off the radar in multiplayer?

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thank you Kelley. I'm glad to hear that the radar can be turned off, with it on it defeats the whole purpose of being stealth.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I guess it's not 'shooter' I'm after - seems like Ghost Recon online will be kinda like Counterstrike - which is good. I think that will be it, as long as the online multiplayer scene will be fun.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Wow. Got my copy of GR this morning and... well.. WOW.

I had the PC version, but this, just feels more natural on console to me. Especially with the voice communication!

I can't wait to get into this with you guys. I suck, but I'll get better once I've had a chance to play some more.

But in a word: AWESOME.

RayKk

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a copy of Ghost Recon on Nov 14th and it is a great game and played it for about 6 hours, it was hard to put down, I picked up a few more good soldiers and things got even better but I still say the graphics could have been better and the 5.1 sound makes the game even better.
Tag: Goggles Pizzano

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I played it yesterday and I have to say that it impressed me. Not quite at first but after I got into it a bit I loved it! I can't wait to play this game online sometime. The atmosphere that the sound plays in this game is fantastic, hearing the wind blow and watching the trees sway is something to behold. At first I found it a little frustrating but once I learned to take my time and stay alert I found it very enjoyable. I left off at the 3rd level with the tank, now that was a lot of fun! I love the "Saving Private Ryan blast effect" when dealing with explosives.:emoji_thumbsup:
Between this, NHL2K3 & Splinter Cell I'm going to be a busy man! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks