IMHO the ugliest car in the World...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeff_HR, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

It's obvious that you guys have never seen a PACER made by the now defunct American Motors Corporation.

BTW Is the Aztek even considered a car?

2. Dan D.

Dan D. Stunt Coordinator

I agree that the Aztek is the ugliest thing on the road. The Element, while certainly ugly, at least has a sort of functional ugliness to it. You know the Honda engineers were trying to design something odd looking from the start. The Pontiac design committe probably all sat around and thought they were actually designing something really cool looking that everyone was going to admire. It seems to be the Pontiac design philosphy these days - big, plastic and flashy.

Personally, I think the new Maxima is incredibly ugly. Certainly a great car, and it is original looking, but so was the Elephant Man.

3. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
  4. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

That list is funny, but they forgot the new 7 series, and the new 5 for that matter. Retch.

In other news, the Gary Busey scale of ugliness can and should be applied to everything.

5. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Jeremy, I was just going to post that link... [​IMG]

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Wow, I thought I was gonna get a lot of flack for posting that the Element was ugly. I'm glad to see most agree [​IMG]

JeremySt, that site was great. [​IMG] I love how they spelled "Tacky" with the element symbols.

7. JeffTodd

JeffTodd Stunt Coordinator

I just wanted to chime in with a vote for ugly ass vehicle:

[​IMG]

I am sure that it has every luxury that 76K will buy, but it's still ass ugly! The design looks as if it was taken from a school bus or something.

My $.02

8. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

I guess an Aztek is a car only a Mummy could love.

9. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

tack the Bonneville and 04 Grand Prix up there too...makes me want to puke.

Pontiac almost has it. If they took the 1996-2003 Grand Prix, deleted the terrible body clading, got rid of the ribbed leather seats, offered attractive wheels, and threw in a V8, then it would be one amazing car given the price.

10. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I forgot about the Avalanche! That is one ugly "car".

The Mercedes above at least has that old 60's "African safari" feel to it, but I agree it's ugly too.

11. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

errr ummm YUGO anyone...anyone?

12. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

[​IMG]

A drawing of the really ugly French Citreons 2CV circa 1950s.

13. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

actually, i kinda like the Mercedes.
    the Aztek is the ugliest car on the road, tho. and the others listed on the absolutely hilarious link above are true, but the Aztek should be highest. there was an "Aztek is ugly" thread here a couple of years ago, but i couldn't find it in a search. at that time, i had seen it in print ads and commercials many times but only once or twice in person. i remember commenting that it's ugliness was so bad it couldn't be conveyed by photo, it had to be seen to be believed.

14. MarkHastings

15. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

hands down Hummer takes the cake for uglyness.

"They're boxy but they're good" [​IMG]

16. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    That Homely..erh Hummer H2 looks just like an Element on steroids.. So does the G-wagon. Ugh, I don't even like the Mercededs M-class either, they remind me of a small UPS "brown" truck.

Ugh!

Jay

17. Chris Baucom

Chris Baucom Stunt Coordinator

Interestingly, I think the Aztek is one of the only production vehicles ever to have a re-design after it's first year out. It wasn't a major one, probably due to tooling costs, but GM saw right away that they had a problem.

Count me in the crowd that thinks the new BMW 7-series looks great, better than the older models. I am not a BMW purist, however, and understand that many don't like the new design direction.

18. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

Actually,

My wife bought an Aztec, against my begging her not to. She said it was unique and would stand out. 2 years later we still have it and it has depreciated faster than any other car on the road. Faster even than the Explorer.

However, the new ugliest car on the road in my opinion is now the Honda Element. If its possibly to be boxier looking than an H2 this car does it. With the 2 tone color scheme and the overall non-attractiveness this car is by far the ugliest on the road today.

19. MarkHastings

Bill, you brought up something that I always mention. Longevity! Most of these new cars are like fads, they die out quicker than there hype.

Remember the VW bug? When it first came out, everyone had to have one. I was surrounded by them on the highway. Now I can't remember the last time I've seen one.

Not that it was ugly, but these types of cars are marketed so that people think "Wow, that's different and neat", but their uniquness dies out quickly and it's just another crappy car.

The PT Cruiser was another similar case. The novelty is way past it's prime.

20. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer