What's new

IMHO the ugliest car in the World... (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Is the Pontiac Aztek!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
The person who designed this car plus the executive who approved it should be fired. :eek:

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I work in radio, and one of our station vehicles is a bright yellow Aztek. It's great, because it stands out. But it's damn ugly, you're right.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I couldn't agree more about the Aztek. I used to live pretty near a Pontiac dealership that had about 7 Azteks in the lot. The same 7 sat there for about a year, then a big truck came and hauled them all away. The dealership never got any more in inventory. It's quite obvious nobody was buying them. Blech!

As far as the T-Bird goes, I don't care for it either. While I do think it's ugly, I also agree that the pricing probably had something to do with the lack of sales.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
If we could just get a large silica packet and suck all those Azteks into oblivion, the world would be a better place!

I hope Steve you're refering to the new T-bird. I bike right by a house that has a stunning old late 50's black T-bird convertible with antique license plates that is georgeous!

Jay

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I like to call them ASSteks. Why they would make that piece and stop making the f-body(Camaro, Trans Am) is beyond me. I see a LOT more of those on the road then the ASStek. GM needs to get their act together fast. :rant off:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, have you seen the new Honda Element from behind. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Hideous!!!

Remember when the commercials for the Element were first on TV? They never gave you a good glimpse of the car, they usually just showed the side doors opening and that's it. Hmmmm? Maybe there was a reason they never showed you it? :D

In fact, they still don't really show it in the commercials for more than a split second. Definitely an ugly car.

p.s. And we can get into the PT Hearse...I mean PT Cruiser, but that's for another day :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The Element grew on me in a Japanese-metropolis sort of way. My friend who's a girl actually bought a brand spankin new Aztek last year. ALL of us kept wondering why but when she asks us what we think about it we say, ahhh it looks pretty neat. :b

Clint B

Second Unit
Agree with the Aztek assessment...ugly car! I also think the Toyota Echo is quite "homely." I've gotta disagree about the T-Bird, though. Both the "classic" and the "new" T-Birds are gorgeous, IMHO.

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit
How can you compare an Aztec to an Element. It's a no brainer, the Aztec is UGLY! My roommate just got an Element, and at first we were like "nice van", but it has grown on me. After all it does have stadium seating!!! Yeah, the back seats are higher than the front, so everybody can see straight ahead out of the window.

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
Ya, I agree, both the Element and the Aztek are ugly mofos. Its like the Pontiac people were trying to catch the Xterra crowd but they failled miserably.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Agree on the Aztec. I could've designed something better looking blindfolded.

No one mention the 2 Scion models by Toyota?

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Vincent beat me to it. How can GM stop making the F-body and make this thing. I have a 98 Z28 and would like to get a new one but they stop making them. I have heard rumors Camaros could be back in 06 but don't know what it will be like. Could be FWD or anything. I hope they bring it back with 400hp RWD. We will see.

John Watson

Screenwriter
All personal opinions :D but last night I saw one of those 1950's Renaults that look like sardine tins.

The Echo looks like someone gave it a well deserved boot in the ass, and it hasn't come down yet!

The worst is that roach-mobile look, low and long, with a window sloped so radically back, you seem to get a better view of the sky above than the road ahead. Chrysler, take a bow!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was going to mention the Honda Element as being uglier than the Aztek, but some people beat me to it already. That car is even uglier than the Aztek, no small feat.

They do seem useful though.

My top three ugliest:

1. Honda Element.
2. Pontiac Aztek.
3. Hummer H2.

Can you tell I don't like the boxy cars? :D

I saw a pretty funny license plate the other day. It was on a Honda Aztek, it said "MINIHMR" :D. So true. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks