I'm Trying To Get Organized - PDA Recommendations?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chuck C, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I was looking at some of the PDAs at office max today, and I liked what I saw. If price is not a concern, which PDA would you recommend for a YUP like me? Must haves: compatibility with MS Outlook, big colorful screen, memory, detailed (by the hour) day planner, a place to keep a list for notes to replace my dependance on Post-Its (which I presume most modern PDAs have)

edit: how is the Dell Axim?

2. shaniceMW

shaniceMW Stunt Coordinator

no big colorful screen, but i love my treo600. before that i had a m515 which i was satisfied with. now i am into "not too bulky" stuff.

3. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

I have the Dell Axim X30 & love it. The Wi-Fi is nice to have and with explorer in the "one column" mode most web sites are actually readable on it. It has a SD slot and you can get 1.0 Gig cards for under $100 these days so I use it as a mp3 player as well.

If you want to spend extra $ look into the X50 which has a VGA screen and CF slot in addition to the SD.

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    PalmOne Zire 72.

It's biggest weakness is it doesn't have WiFi. But it does have BlueTooth, if that's useful.

The new calendar program has a very nice overview mode that also lists tasks from the Tasks (to-do) list.

5. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

I have a Palm Tungsten. I love it. I especially love its small size, which means I can take it with me in my pocket... A PDA you dont take with you, is a waste of money.

6. Art Morales

Art Morales Agent

I have a sony clie tj-37 wi-fi,memory card slot and camera. wi-fi is great and i can carry mp3's around, the camera is not that great but i use it at work mostly.big thumbs up[​IMG]