What's new

I'm tired of waiting. I NEED these shows. (1 Viewer)

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
I've had to curtail my buying of old TV shows due to my wife saying I had too many dvd's. So, I'm saving my money for when the following shows come out and I will throw caution to the wind and buy every episode. Number 1 on my list is 77 Sunset Strip and I'd take a week off of work just to watch every episode. After that I want Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six, Cheyenne, Adventures in Paradise, Bourbon Street Beat and Sea Hunt. I'm getting older all the time and I can't wait forever on these programs. When will Warner Bros. get off of their butts and get their shows out on the market. If they wait too long all of the people that remember these great shows are going to be long gone.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I finally just ended up capturing Cheyenne off of the Encore Western channel and by the end of the summer I should have all of Sea Hunt from the THIS channel (will have taken about 15 months to get all these episodes). Quality is pretty good and they are uncut. I'd rather purchase commercial releases but if they don't put them out what can one do.

The others on your list I am not familar with, but I do see references to Hawaiian Eye pop up evey once in a while, so I would like to check that one out sometime if ever released on DVD or broadcast. It's not even listed on my Detectives PD compilation. Maybe some other one has a few episodes.

I just recently saw the Danny Thomas pilot for the Andy Griffith Show. That was the first time I had ever seen Make Room For Daddy. Now that is on my list.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have the WB Cheyenne Season One release, but when it started running on Encore Westerns, I went the DVR route and now have all of them. I would gladly purchase official releases of season sets of a number of shows if they were available.

As has been stated before, we need a true classic TV network. There is too much 50's and 60's material laying around going nowhere. At least that way we would have the option of viewing and enjoying these older shows.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by ChrisALM

As has been stated before, we need a true classic TV network. There is too much 50's and 60's material laying around going nowhere. At least that way we would have the option of viewing and enjoying these older shows.

Amen to that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks