What's new

I'm really glad I got the JBL S-center (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I re-watched gladiator with my new s center, all I could say is that it was magnificent !!!...Very vocal and detailed (3 way speaker type for a center channel is great)Great buy for $165 shipped from jandr.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I'm using a Pair of classic gold towers by Pinnacle a Velodyne ct100 sub and an Onkyo 575x reciever.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I'll agree with you on the JBL S Center. I added it to my system and have been very pleased with its matchup with some old JBL L100 mains and N series rears. All driven by a Yamaha RXV1 with sub work by none other than SVS. By the way, I keep my center set to small and adjust the center eq on the Yam according to what I'm watching.
------------------

Matt_R

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, an excellent speaker for the money! The entire Studio series from JBL are accurate, neutral speakers. They don't seem to get much respect here, however
confused.gif

Vin

Supporting Actor
The entire Studio series from JBL are accurate, neutral speakers. They don't seem to get much respect here, however
Don't let Phil I. hear you say that!
laugh.gif

I also own JBL speakers, the discontinued HLS line with horn loaded tweeters.....great sounding speakers at a great price, IMO!
Vin
------------------

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I would agree that the studios dont get much respect. I have some stuio 800's in the bedroom...though they sound ok in the center of the room (when listening)..they sound great up close (wich would be in bed) - wich would be like in a studio!?
I bought mine for a closeout steal new..and plan to keep them for a while...I just dont like the fact the grills dont come off mine
frown.gif

------------------
So far, So good, So what
Link Removed
http://thomas2307.homestead.com/thomasworld.html
[Edited last by Thomas_A on August 26, 2001 at 10:37 AM]

Jason_H

Second Unit
I have the Studio series all around, S312s for my mains, a S-Center, and S38s for the surrounds. I love them, I am very pleased with the sound for both movies and music.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
By far the best center I have had in my HT system!

Link Removed

------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

[Edited last by Mark Knight on October 27, 2001 at 08:24 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.