What's new

Im out of "component in's"... what now? (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
As the title states, I've used up all of my component in's on the back of my Toshiba RPTV. I planned on getting the GCN and was hoping to take advantage of the progressive picture. Is there such thing as a component in switch box? Can anyone provide a link to one? Thanks in advance.

Michael Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same problem. I have two running in to my 3801 but now Im full as well. I wish the VGA support for Gamecube and X box were out. :)
------------------
Michael
Video Game Tracker
DVD Tracker
DVD Profiler
CD Tracker

Michael Janis

Auditioning
You could try using a COMPOSITE video switcher. These units work by physically switching multiple RCA inputs to an RCA output. To use it for component video, just use the yellow, read and white RCA connectors for Y, Cr and Cb.
I picked up one of these at Best Buy for $20. I don't have an Xbox yet, but I have already routed my DVD player through the switch and back to the TV. I did extensive before and after tests, and I could not see any degradation of the image quality due to the switch.
When my Xbox arrives, I will be able to hook it up and share my TV's only component inputs with the DVD player.

Michael Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
This sounds cool. I have the switcher have had it since the SNES days never even considered using it for Component Video. I will post my results.
------------------
Michael
Video Game Tracker
DVD Tracker
DVD Profiler
CD Tracker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks