What's new

I'm Not Used to This! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My delta faucet drips, the button to change the spray is very stiff, and one side of the button just popped off. It's about 2 years-old.

I call delta and get a csr within a minute. Not bad. The lady, Kelly, takes my info and we figure out what needs to be replaced withing 3 minutes. She says she's sending out a new wand and repair kit. I ask how much? It's free, it's still under warranty, she says.

Good customer service with a good warranty. I'm not used to this. I may have to lay down to recover my equilibrium.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

LewB

Screenwriter
Amazing how he have all lowered our expectations when it comes to service. Pretty sad as we are now a 'service economy'.
The problem with good service is that it's hard to quantify it's effect on the bottom line (ROI). Hard to say we sold x many more widgets by good word of mouth or positive reaction to the extra $ that a competent service center costs.
An off-shored call center shows an immediate return since the company is spending less for it. It costs less so therefore, it must be good :crazy:

My bathroom faucet set need replacing. I'll try and get a Delta. Thanks for the tip.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It is one of the benefits of the Large Hadron Collider experiments. You have been transported to an alternate universe with helpful customer service!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Some great companies wrt service:

Weber: Constantly sending free parts. Once sent new grates to my mom simply beacuse she called to find out where to buy them. Sent a free thermometer to my brother-in-law for a model that didn't come with one. Sent a full set of knobs to my brother (out of warranty) when he asked how to order a single knob.

Craftsman: Not the best tools in the world, but among the better stuff and they'll replace almost anything for free. I replaced one of my dad's ratchets that looked like it was from the 18th century or so, just by bringing it to the store.

All-Clad: Sent them a chipped and worn non-stick pan, got a new one back with a gift certificate to cover my shipping.

Kitchen-Aid: Constantly sending gift certificates and one-time deals just for registering a product and they have great customer service for products that last generations.

Crutchfield: Sent me a free wiring harness for an Alpine car stereo after I melted the original with a misplaced soldering iron. Shipped it overnight with a pre-paid envelope for the old one. I said it was a mistake on my part and wanted to order one, but they insisted on sending it free. One of the best companies around, even though they sell at retail price.

SVS: More stories than anyone needs to hear.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Exactly the decisions that get made when a CEO starts worrying more about pleasing stock holders than pleasing customers. The company I used to work for is a consultant to my current company. They sent a large amount of support overseas about 10 years ago - contracts they have come to regret, but can't get out of (that CEO has long since "parachuted" away).

About a year and a half ago, my current company started having a problem, which my old compony assigned to the overseas support contract. At that time I suggested we do an end run around support and contact "Mr. XYZ" here in the states. Instead, they played by the rules until finally, LAST MONTH, overseas support gave up and referred them to . . . you guessed it . . . "Mr. XYZ". "Mr. XYZ" came in, took a look for about an hour and a half, and had a fix in less than a week. :crazy:

LewB

Screenwriter
I have a similar story. I had a wireless connectivity problem with my laptop at work. I did all the usual stuff but the sucker would not connect. I had to open a ticket with the helpless desk, then wait for someone in India to IM me to ask if I had re-booted and yadda yadda yadda (you could tell she was reading a debug map), finally my ticket was transferred to networking support in Brazil ! More IM'ing with someone else with no fix.
Finally I IM'ed the local wireless support guy (who no longer handles workstation stuff) to find out that he had put updates on the local WAPs over the W/E. 30 mins later he shows up with some driver updates for my laptop and I was back on the air.
Yeah, they must save Millions by sending out the support work :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks