What's new

I'm New Here (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Welcome, Bryan. Did anyone explain to you the rule where all new members must buy a new DVD for all members with over 3,400 posts? I would like a copy of Criterion's Rebecca, please. :D
By the way, the smilies do mean that I am kidding.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Welcome, Bryan! I hope you have lots of disposable income. Hanging out in this place will cause you to spend ungodly amounts of cash on HT equipment & DVDs. :eek:
Not that I'm complaining... :D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Bryan, welcome. Quick (innocent) question. What is your opinion of widescreen movies on TV?

DennisZ

Agent
Bryan, welcome to the HTF, I hope you brought a lot of

money with you. This place can be expensive.

Denny

Butch C

Second Unit
WELCOME!

Make yourself at home...

just one piece of advice...

do not ever disagree with an administrator!

No matter how wrong they are!

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Looks like I'm going to fit right in here :D To answer a few of the questions (and ease some fears):
I very much prefer widescreen and have for quite some time now, and I think that it's great that some TV channels have been running movies in widescreen. As for the ones that haven't...well, that's too bad, but it's understandable.
I actually don't have a 5.1 setup, but I'm planning on getting one as soon as possible. Would anyone have any recommendations? I have, however, been big into DVD for about a year-and-a-half now. I'm wanting to go into filmmaking, so I like documentaries and commentary tracks (good ones, at least) quite a bit.
5. Is Bose good?
Bose? Isn't that a place in Idaho? :rolleyes
Good to be here. :)

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
No that's Boise and it has to be better than Bose. Unless it's a nuclear dump site.:)
People tell me that Bose sells the most speakers in the world so they have to be the best.....I respond MacDonalds sells the most hamburgers are they the best? :D
Welcome!!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
FYI, Bose had a bad reputation among audiophiles even back in 1968 after that first "direct-reflecting" speaker system, the 901, was introduced.

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
Jack: My former father in law helped design those 901 speakers and still works for Bose. But heck since he's a former father in law, you can pick on them.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
A big HTF welcome to Krystal and Fred.
Hey, Mods...maybe we could make this an official Welcoming the Newbies Thread?
I rather like saying "hi" to the new folks. :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Maybe you should hang out in out NEWBIE area!
Ya, but that's mostly people asking questions (which I'd be happy to answer if I can).

I was thinking more along the lines of an informal thread like this, just to say "hi" and whatnot.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It is nice seeing all thse new people coming on board.

Know something? I feel as if I'm spending too much time in "After Hours" now; I'm getting paranoid.

"TV and Projectors" is dead at the moment, and nothing much is happening in "Hardware" and "Software"--that is, that I feel like participating in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks