What's new

I'm mad at Sony (1 Viewer)

Mack P.

Auditioning
I'm beginning to get very upset at Sony because they haven't released or even mentioned when the 5th season of King of Queens will be coming out. You would figure that we King of Queens fans would have heard something by now. :angry:

I really hope that tvshowsondvd website would find out for us. I would really appreciate it a lot! :D

MattHR

Screenwriter
I was figuring Sony may be giving up on this series. Seasons 1-4 have been part of their "2 for 1" sales for the last six months, from Amazon, Deep Discount DVD and Best Buy, among other places. I figured they may be trying to dump some excess inventory. I hope I'm wrong, since I'd like to collect the rest of the series.

My main gripe with the sets that have been released, is Sony crams way too many episodes per disc. For a season that has 25 episodes, they'll place 11 each on two discs, while only 3 on the third disc. The picture quality suffers from too much compression. I'll never understand why don't spread the episodes out in a more balanced manner. The quality would be greatly improved. It's possible people were disappointed in the quality, then stopped collecting further seasons.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Pretty much all of Sony's TV DVD inventory has been part of the sale lists, so don't worry about that.

Seasons 3 and 4 released in conjunction with the Hitch premiere and DVD release. Typically, there's a nine-month to year-long wait between seasons for Sony, so it'll probably be out soon.

Sony's also getting better about the episodes per disc. They're still not always balanced, but they're better balanced than 11/11/3 (that number was Season 1, and there were two bonus episodes included on Disc 3) or 10/10/5 (Season 2).

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also waiting for this, and Good Times S6, and 227, and I would have said The Nanny but that was announced today. And how about the Sanford spinoffs? Keep them coming, Sony.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

actually, if anything, that sale is a good sign, Sony has been enunciating the popular shows... Seinfeld was in the 2 for 1 sale and if that show is a flop for Sony, then what is a hit?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Considering that KoQ is on it's, what, 11th season? It's a pretty long series so I'd just be patient.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It premiered in the fall of 1998 and is on its 8th season. Mark, you're thinking of Fox's "King of the Hill," which premiered in January 1997 and is on its 10th season (which I assume will be its last).

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm also waiting for K.O.Q.
One of the few shows from the last few years that I'm actually collecting.
I believe it's on the eighth season currently.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm also looking forward to KOQ season 5+; I just recently got into the show and I'm hoping to get the rest of the seasons available so I can watch all of the episodes I've missed.

BTW, the seasons 3+4 sets are much more balanced, I think 9/9/7 or something.

Phyll

Stunt Coordinator
Sony seems to take forever!!! I mean Good Times Season 6 should have already been out. And the King of Queens. That is about the only show I can watch these days!!! And the Jeffersons should have another season out as well as Barney Miller and 227. If the companies start to release a show they should have to finish it. Sometimes the reason that first seasons don't sell that well is that they are generally not the best but people would buy later seasons. I would really love to see more Barney Miller. What's the holdup Sony? And more Green Acres!!! Let's get cracking!!! Companies that get the product out are the ones who make money. I think the smaller companies are doing a better job, so why not hand over dvd divisions to them. It would be cool to see Image or Anchor Bay take over. At least they get their product out.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I just want Who's the Boss Season 2. Either release it, or at least let us know once and for all it's not coming Sony :angry:

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Is the next Good Times set overdue yet ? Or is everyone just anxious to get it ? They're almost to the end of the series so it must have been doing well so far.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I am also waiting for Season 5 of The King of Queens as it has my all time favorite episode on there which is Mentalo Case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks