What's new

I'm looking to get a projector and I have a few questions. (1 Viewer)

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
A friend of mine just got an NEC projector (don't know the model number) and it's okay but I have a few questions. Now my friends prjector is pretty good, cost him around $1,000 but, at least to me, it seems really pixelated. He has his projector hooked up to his PC and is running his DVD player through it (aginst my advice). Would this have any effect on his picture? I haven't seen a lot of projectors in use for myself so I don't really have anything to compare it aginst. Are all projectors pixelated? To me it just looked like the image of a television blown up. Any info about projectors would be great. Thanks.

MikeTC

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, the NEC projector is a LCD type which is more pixelated than said a DLP projector. The closer you are to the screen, the more you'll see the pixels.

I just got the Infocus X1 DLP pj and the picture is great. It's $999 with a $100 rebate this month. It is sold directly from Infocus or as in my case, from BestBuy with additional 10%($100) off for applying for their credit card. Great pj for $800. See display/projector section here for comments.

Good luck

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Do all PJ's look pixelated? Absolutely not. See if you can get the model number of the NEC and we can provide you with more input that will put things into perspective. If your friend were to use his PC to do the dvd playback and output it to his projector via a dvi port for instance then he could use the PC to scale the image to the projector's highest possible resolution. This is a popular scaling method due to the PC's low cost sompared to scalers that cost many thousands.

For basic projector information, try this in the FAQ area... Front Projection - How do I select one for my needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks