What's new

I'm going to meet David Prowse (Darth Vader)! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
David Prowse is going to be appearing the weekend of October 5, 6 and 7th at Jason's Woods, a haunted attraction in PA that opens every year around Halloween.

In addition to the fee to enter the park it's an extra $25 to meet him and have him sign autographs but you better believe i'm going to pay it. :) I'm going to have him sign either my SW trilogy boxset or the display base for my DV Force Effects Lightsaber. :cool:

I cannot wait!

mtlfilmguy

Agent
Real Name
Benoit Tisseur
Wow! thats a pretty good deal.

25 bucks is i think far better than the deal we were offered at the Toronto scifi convention last year.

William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy which were 100 dollars for a pic AND 150 for signing !!!

Yes i know everything is relative as Mr. Prowse was only in the suit and not his voice and the two other guys are Kirk and Spock,but still..

Jesus Marie there was a never ending line of people waiting to pay those amounts.Im sure that both these guys added a new wing to their houses that weekend (or for that matter a new house!)

Oh and be gentle to him,give him a 5 minute break with you and put him in a stupor.
Ask him what it was like to work with Kubrick (in Clockwork orange):)

Ben

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I met him at conventions a couple of times. But for me, he'll always be the monster in a couple of Hammer Frankenstein films.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Meet him and got his autograph at a buffy the vampire convetion in pasadena california. He looked horrible...... Was a really nice guy and had no problem talking to you.. we chatted for about 20 minutes... super cool guy, but man he did not look good at all.

Saw him again this year at comic con san diego....... He didn't look as bad, maybe he was having a bad day when I first met him.....

mtlfilmguy

Agent
Real Name
Benoit Tisseur
yeah,maybe it was a physical thing,but im wondering if it wasnt also that thing with George Lucas about his name being in the credits (i dont remember exactly what it was about ) thats getting to him.
Hope he doesnt become like Alec Guiness who apparently was pretty pissed at the end of his life about tons of people only knowing him from Star wars and didley squat (sp?) about the entire career before that.

The coolest thing ive read about David Prowse is he said he used his physical being to demonstrate how Darth vader is the big bad.He said he would do his moves or recite the lines and then Wham! just start walking away in a millisecond forcing the actors to be left standing there and then running up to catch up BEHIND him.That is one neat psychological trick.

Ben

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I remember that as well. Mr. Prowse was in good spirits while at Dragon*Con when I spotted him in the Walk of Fame area last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks