I'm finally Windows Free!

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Todd H, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    I had been running XP via boot camp mainly for my wife since boot camp was released. She was unfamiliar with the Mac OS and it was a great way to slowly get her used to using the Mac.

After noticing the last few months that she stopped using XP, I finally asked her if it was OK to delete Windows. Much to my surprise she agrees because she "doesn't like using Windows any more."

So Sunday, I used boot camp manager to delete Windows (and reclaim some much-needed hard drive space) and become Microsoft free. It's a wonderful feeling. [​IMG]

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I'm so jealous! Unfortunately because of Windows-only work programs (and Entourage's poor Exchange Server support for email/calendar) I have to keep a Windows partition on my MBP. I sure could use those 10 extra GBs I've devoted to Windows on my MBP. Well, off to Newegg to see if I'm going to pull the trigger on that 2.5" 7200rpm 200GB SATA HD. The thought of cloning and physically swapping the drives...ugh that's going to be a lot of work...

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Sounds great!

I doubt I'll be rid of Parallels or Bootcamp anytime soon, though. MS Money requires Parallels as do a few misc programs for which I can't find good Mac replacements. And I need Bootcamp for the most important computer use of all: games! [​IMG]

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I only have one program that requires XP (Pronto Edit) otherwise I avoid it as well.