"I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" may be coming!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by docdoowop, Dec 11, 2008.

1. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

If my recollection is correct, this was being shopped around a few years ago. Looks like they're going the independent releasing route ala "Steve Canyon" and "Sky King."

3. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

4. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne

Who owns the show? Why can't Leonard Stern pay for the conversion to DVD and release the show himself? He must have enough money with his credits and track record. The Smothers Brothers paid for and released their show on DVD. I'm just curious why he doesn't market it himself if he thinks it has potential. Also, I'd sign the petition but it's not on the page that asks you to sign a petition - just sign up for a newsletter. Sorry, I'd just sign the petition. I have fond memories of the show and would like to see it released.

5. Mobro

Mobro Auditioning

I had totally forgotten about this treasure - these guys were great! Brings back fond childhood memories.

6. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

It's great that he'd fight for this show, but I'm more interested in two later shows Mr. Stern made: He & She and The Governor and J.J.- why hasn't he done anything to get those shows out on DVD?

7. Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff Cinematographer

Joe
    Me, too. Strangely enough, my favorite show that season was the hour-long sitcom "Fair Exchange," on Fridays at 9:30 on CBS. To occupy myself during the preceding hour, I watched "The Flintstones" and "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" on ABC.

It would be great to recreate those Friday nights, although they no longer make the brand of potato chips I ate during the shows. But I can't recreate it all without "Fair Exchange," and I guess the odds of that one coming out on DVD are close to zero.

8. Susan Nunes

Susan Nunes Stunt Coordinator

Add Run Buddy Run to that list.

9. Dan McW

Dan McW Second Unit

Dan

Stern himself should own it, via his Heyday Productions company. Heyday produced Operation Petticoat, now seen on RTN stations.