What's new

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!! (1 Viewer)

mike caronia

Second Unit
I'd give a weeks' salary to get a free shot in on that no talent asshat.
I remember a time when you actually had to have a modicum of talent to get famous!!!
But the joke's on me, as I tuned in... ha

Was hoping for a Celebrity Survivor type show, but this thing is so poorly produced w/D-list talent, I guess it'll be trainwreck TV for a few weeks.
Nothing else new to DVR, so I'll see how long before I scratch my eyes out.

I really feel bad for John Salley.

mike caronia

Second Unit
I'll have to agree with Hanson, there have been some comedic gold moments in this show.
Unintentionally of course, but man, I got quite a few chuckles out of the 2nd night.

$5 says those spoiled brats will be back tonight!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've only watched a few minutes, but there don't seem to be any actual "celebrities" on this show (save for, maybe, Lou Diamond Phillips).

Since when are governors' spouses "celebrities"?

And if they allow Spencer back, I hope he gets bitten by something with exceptionally painful venom. Though I did find it funny that he seemed to be threatened by the possibility of Sanjaya getting close to Heidi. He's apparently a very insecure guy.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I watched Wednesday night's episode...what a complete yawn! If the Pratt's get back on...and you KNOW they will...I will continue to watch for the "trainwreck" factor. Surprisingly, Janice isn't as entertaining as I'd hoped, but then agin she looks like she's about 170 years old.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It appears my fears have been realized -- the episodes have been slack with the

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Hanson, you have pretty much summed it up. This show has grown tiresome and while the premise has never done anything but suggest "stupid", it has now reached beyond that to the point of insult.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm...so there wasn't ANY time in Thursday night's show to squeeze in the result of the group's decision as to whether or not to let the Pratts back in. Whatever...

And I'm not sure that this "jungle" is very amenity-free: has anyone else noticed that after four days out there all the guys are still clean-shaven?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Anyone still watching? I mean, I wouldn't blame anyone for quitting on the show.

There was a lot of offscreen drama over the weekend (more drama than the show can manufacture), and it, of course, involves Heidi and Spencer. The duo made it back to the jungle only to have Heidi rushed to the hospital to get treatment from an ulcer.

Now, it's difficult to separate the truth from fiction -- Speidi's side claims that they were tortured in a locked room without food and water for three days while NBC says it was only 8-14 hours with food and water given to them. The added layer here is how much of this is created to hype the show and how much more or less actually happened. There are reports that NBC is holding the duo under the threat of a breach of contract suit -- however, it is clear that any celeb can leave the show voluntarily (which is exactly what Frances did on Monday), so my take is that all of this stuff is being created by the publicity machine and they convenietly take Speidi out periodically so they are immune from elimination voting. It was also reported that the original vote by the castmates was nay on Speidi's return. They were then told to take them back.

Last night's show was a distinct improvement over the Tues-Thurs shows. They are skipping tonight for the Stanley Cup Finals, so it's possible that tomorrow's show will be an improvment over last week's Wed show going by the theory that the more time they get to edit a larger amount of material makes for a better show.

I can't say that I like the show, but I'm getting some enjoyment from attempting to figure out which parts are real and which parts are fake. Skipping the recaps and the host blather (and the 3.5 minute commerical breaks) tightens the show up considerably. My wife was going to tidy the apartment as I was watching, but ended up sitting through most of the show. Daniel Baldwin has surprisingly added a lot to the show -- he's waaay more interesting than his "little" brother. But Sanjaya is still the most compelling contestant on the show -- Janice's attempts at drama just come off as hackneyed bitchery. Watching Sanjaya morph into Mowgli is actually watchable, but the producers don't give him enough to do and are stuck cobbling together various petty arguments and calling it "drama". *Yawn*.

The biggest problem with this show is that it has already fallen into a samey pattern. I may end up only watching the Monday shows at this point.

And Torrie Wilson looks so different on the show without all the makeup. On the show, she looks like Heidi Klum with bad skin -- but after generous applications of foundation and spackle, she looks nothing like that in pubilicty pictures. Not only does Torrie look like Heidi, but she sounds like her too -- whenever she talks, I hear a faint German accent that doesn't actually exist.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I beleve you were talking about Stephen Baldwin, not Daniel.

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
I don't watch the show, but I haven't read about him being there. Why would he be there with his brother?

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

Well, they actually had a few "pairs" on the show, including comedians Frances and Angela (Frangela), Heidi and Holly Montag (sisters), and the Baldwins...however, Holly and Daniel came after Spencer and Heidi initially quit. Does that make sense?

xfile94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jennifer Colbert
No, not really. And I won't find out. I'm so tired of these TV shows.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I really didn't think this show would recover from the second (and apparently final) exit of Speidi, since no one else was doing anything (case in point -- the TUes to Thurs shows in week one were abysmally boring). And then someting happened -- either she took crazy pills or came off her sane pills, or she was given a script by the producers -- but whatever it was, Janice finally took over the show like everyone thought she would. The appearance of Daniel Baldwin and his ability to poke at the sleeping bear that was Janice Dickenson may have been another catalyst -- whatever it was, Janice has now become the bedside pissing, granola stealing, "say No to Prop 8" shouting, "brush with fame shaggy dog story" relating, bitch face flashing, fecally blocked up crazy-ass, narcissistic bitch that was slumbering for far too long. The producers won't need Speidi to come back now that Janice has taken over the show. It's now become more or less addictive, a mixture of comedy, emotional discomfort, and the feeling in the back of your head that it's all staged.

Still, there are parts of the show that make me yell at the TV -- like the complete and total lack of rules. I don't even know how this shit is supposed to end -- they've voted off exactly two people in two weeks -- meanwhile, they added two cast members. How are we getting down to the finals, exactly, when there are only 6 shows to go? More people (3) quit than were voted out so far. Then there was that leader challenge that no one completed because no one ate all the food. The hosts didn't know what to do until someone yelled for Lou Diaomond Phillips to retain his leader role. The host guy shrugged and said it was so. So let me get this straight -- the hosts are arbitrarily making up rules to the game as they go along? And I find it hilarious when any contestant talks about "playing the game". You need rules for a game -- you need rules if you want to strategize. With the exception of Janice and Daniel, they don't even want to each other voted out -- it's like they think this is Survivor, but it is only cosmetically so -- there isn't any structure to the game, so there is no "strategy" to be had. Plus, it's all about audience votes, so they're really at the mercy of the editing. Wait a minute -- isn't this all rigged anyway?

The show is running at a pretty high level now (well, considering it total junk), and I don't even know how Joel McHale picks the few pieces to lampoon on The Soup considering the volume of material to poke fun of. That said, if there was anything else to watch, this show would get the hook pretty quick. So on that note, it's been pretty savvy programming on NBC's part. Oh my gosh -- did I really just use "savvy" and "NBC" in the same sentence? The world is upside down!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think I'm the only one watching at this point, as Eric may have bailed. We're getting more posters in this thread who haven't watched the show than have watched it.

In the "well, it was nice while it lasted" front, Janice took a dump and the whole show went to shit. It appears that her inability to poop fueled her anti-social beahvior, and now that she was able to express her bowels, she no longer needs to express herself. Last night's episode had more kumbaya moments that the entire season combined -- if it weren't for Sanjaya's pretzel logic moment regarding his sexual orientation, the epsiode would have nothing to show for itself.

John Salley was given the opportunity to bestow immunity on any of the castmates including himself. That anyone was surprised that he took it in a heartbeat is severly moronic. The hosts nattered on about it like it was somehow shocking, which proves how clueless they are.

Speaking of which, what is the point of having two hosts? Most of their job is to come back from break with a macro explanation of how the game works. This show is on 4 days a week, and yet they take the time to state that they are in the jungle and that someone will be crowned king or queen of the jungle based on audience votes after every single commercial break. Talk about unnecessary filler.

BTW, five shows left and I still do not see any semblance of a "game" or strategy. Salley's taking immunity was more strategy than the contestants have ever exhibited, and that was a no-brainer.

JodyL

Agent
Real Name
Jody
I've been watching this fiasco (thank god for FF and 30 sec. skipping on the PVR).

During each show, I keep exclaiming, "There's no show in this show!"

It's all like a big con to gather together some celebrities and just film them sitting around together chatting amongst themselves. I can't imagine how the smarter celebrities feel having been duped into this "show". It must be torture to them to know that there is nothing to do but play along with this farse.

It's ridiculous that the "teams" don't even go to witness the challenges and have to have the event described to them afterwards by the solo participants upon their return to camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks