What's new

iLinked PS2s on Widescreen tv using PIP (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Hey,
I recently got the Toshiba 50h81 Widescreen HDTV. I was wondering if anyone was successful in hooking up 2 PS2s iLinked using Video1 for PS2a then using Split screen PIP for Video2 for the 2nd PS2. We were debating this at work today, and it seemed like a much better idea than using 2 tvs, and sounds pretty doable. Im still at work though, so I didnt get a chance to try it at home yet. (but I will tonight and update everyone if Im successful)
Thanks for any information!
------------------
- Jason
My DVD Collection | My Home Theater
"what ya got here is two people dragging a third..."

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
That,
Sounds like and idea, just remember that you'll probably be using the side-by-side PIP and this squishes the image horizontally. On my Mits set I can change the aspect ratio with the side by side and it corrects the horizontal squish, but the image is much smaller. It's like having two 20" TVs.
Troy
------------------
quote::My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
On the Toshiba 50h81, the PIP mode presents 2 images of equal sizes, and are the original (4:3) aspect ratio. This should work - I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.
That said, there are a few things to consider. First, there will be no sound from the second image. Second, PIP doesn't work on the component inputs, so you are stuck with S-Video as the best option. Third (and this may be on my tv only), I cannot figure out how to adjust color, brightness, etc... for the PIP picture. It's super bright & the colors bleed. I short, I'd say the PIP image sucks. I'd be interested in hearing your results. (This tv is already being returned due to the vertical ghost line problem that affects some Tosh 50hx81's).
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I guess there are black bars when you do this?
That's the only way you can fit two 4:3 screens on a 16:9 without distortion.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Yup, light grey bars at the top & bottom, with small grey bands on the sides. Each image looks comparable to my old 27 inch, but I haven't been bored enough to measure. :)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks