What's new

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I thought about this for awhile.....and there are just too many obvious choices that are way too-easy (Morrison, Moon, Bonham, Joplin, Hendrix, Cobain, Bon Scott, etc.....)

I'm going to go slightly off of the beaten path and say Cliff Burton. At this point there is nobody else that can possibly rescue Metallica from the pit of irrelevance in which they have been residing for nearly 20 years.

....or to go really off track, why not Mozart? He was certainly a rock-star of his era. I couldn't imagine what he would think of today's music.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Milton Brown died as a result of a car wreck at age 32.
Invented Western Swing.

Mark Klaus

Stunt Coordinator
So many, but I'll give mention to Duane Allman because he hasn't been mentioned yet.

But if I could play God this one time, no doubt I'm bringing back Stevie Ray Vaughan.

John Gido

Second Unit

That would make for one hell of a duet.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
How about 1990's Rivers Cuomo? (I realize Rivers is still alive, but I fear that part of him has died).

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

Yep, Rich would be my first vote, too.

Lennon and Bonham are a tie for second place for me, with Randy Rhoads in the honorable mention slot.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Syd Barrett please, in his relatively normal days. To see The Pink Floyd in his early years would be great. To have the classic Pink Floyd lineup (with Roger Waters and David Gilmour) would be excellent too. And still possible.
Of course The Beatles and The Who in their original lineup would go without saying, Pink Floyd's just a personal favorite of mine.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

What should happen is, THE WHO are short a bass player and drummer, so Paul And Ringo should join up to become the Whotles. I'd pay money for that.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Brian,

Yes indeed! I love Pink Floyd ca. 1967-1968-ish. Some of their earlier work is very interesting sonically. But I love just about all of their albums.

Back in High School, I wished for a reunion of The Fabs many, many times. Heck, when I was in a rock band at that time (ca. 1972-73), a couple of us really thought that we were going to be 'the next Beatles.' We kind of fell short of that dream (just a tad). ;)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd bring back Layne Staley. I'd really love to see Alice in Chains live since I somehow missed them in my youth.

Hell... I'd also like to bring back Cliff Burton for one Metallica show. That man was one hell of a bass player. The first time I saw Metallica was in 1989 and although Jason Newsted was pretty damn good, he had a completely different style than Cliff.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

LOL, that would be great too :D. But I just don't see Ringo keeping up with the frenetic pace of some of The Who's songs, but it'd be great to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks