What's new

If I return my Panasonic S35 - What should I get? (1 Viewer)

Mark_H

Stunt Coordinator
Currently have the Panasonic S35 but I'm reading that older models like the RP62 and RP82 have better picture quality??

I bought the S35 because it was Progressive, MP3's, DVD-R, JPEG, Zoom and was cheap.

I "do" want a single player thats Progressive, does MP3's and recordable DVD's. I thought the JPEG feature would be nice but its too slow to be very usable and the Zoom was purchase mainly for my 4:3 TV.

Now I have a Wide Screen so I don't know if I would use zoom with my new HDTV anyway.

Should I return the S35 and look for a used or clearance RP62 or RP82?

Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Yes return the S35, it has terrible quality and artifacts. Look for a Faroudja-based DVD player if you want good progressive quality. I got a used top-rated Panasonic XP30 on EBAY and its the best I've seen and I tested a bunch of them.

matt-f

Second Unit
Actually I just ordeded myself another RP-82 (region free). Now I have two of them! yeh!!

Mark_H

Stunt Coordinator
matt-f

Where did you get your RP82?

Also what is the difference between the RP62 and RP82?

Thanks.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
The RP62 was a cheaper model with fewer features than the RP82. The RP62 has a cheaper motor assembly that many report fails after only 7-8 months of use, the RP82 is more reliable. The RP62 also has the color flicker bug.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I feel your pain, I bought an S55S for the DVD-Audio capabilities to replace my Toshiba SD-2815 5 Disc changer, needless to say even my wife complains about the quality difference in the 2 I'm going back to my Toshiba but unfortunately its too late to return my Panasonic by about 2 weeks. So I guess I'm stuck with it unless I can find someone to pawn it off on for about 80 bux.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks