If all cell phone numbers are unlinsted...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Apr 30, 2007.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    They leave messages? I get calls all the time from Cablevision (my cable provider) and dishNetwork (my ex-tv provider) and I never answer them and they never leave voicemail..

I know one can change ringtones per caller (with caller ID), but it would be cool if one can have Voicemail options with caller ID so you could turn the spammer's off... I don't know of any method that wouldn't affect others calling you...

Maybe the best you could do is report them to the FAA and perhaps call them and bitch... (hell, they already have your number)..

jay

3. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

Jay,

I think you meant to say the FCC. Unless either Neil or the telemarketer is calling during a flight, I doubt the FAA cares. [​IMG]

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Well, maybe the FAA might redirect a lot of plane traffic over the spammers [​IMG]

Jay

5. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

The sequence of numbers is certainly not a secret. How hard is it to dial a known extension plus a 4-digit number?

All an unlisted number really does is keep them from linking you to your number- it doesn't prevent anyone from calling you!

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Neil, report the call to your provider. They will have a record of where the call came from. Tell them that you are pissed off that it goes toward your bill (or minutes) and that you want them to reimburse you for that call and to have those calls stopped and blocked.

Put up a stink with the cell provider because they will get more done than you personally trying to fend off the spam calls.

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I had one company I paid with a check for sell my cellphone number to a time share company.[​IMG]

8. RobLe

RobLe Stunt Coordinator

On a similar topic...Ever since I changed cell phone numbers last year I have received calls from people trying to get a hold of "Atlas Foundation Repair". I will sometimes get as many as 3 calls a day from different people looking for this company. Originally I assumed that the people who called just happened to have outdated business cards or yellow pages. Now I find out that at least some of these people, if not all of them, are getting the incorrect number when they call information and ask for the number for Atlas Foundation. Does anybody know of a way I can get a hold of whoever runs the database or whatever and get them to fix the problem?