What's new

Identify this crazy movie scene (1 Viewer)

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Not completely sure what film it is (though it's not Ong-Bak), but the guy being chased is doing something called Le Parkour which is essentially a new sport that uses movement in urban landscapes. One of the main proponents is a guy called David Belle. Take a look at either his web site or the one for Le Parkour. Loads of videos of some insane stuff these guys pull off.

A new film called Banlieu 13 is being shown at Toronto Filmfest that stars David Belle. Haven't heard anything specific about it, but it should be filled with this kind of thing...

Phil Menard

Stunt Coordinator
There are a couple of movies dealing with this extreme sport of parkour: environment jumping/scaling/racing. YAMAKASI (2001), was also produced by Besson. More recent is LES FILS DU VENT (literally "wire of the wind" - 2004) but the english title is THE GREAT CHALLENGE.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

Thanks for confirming that David. I've been wondering if that was the case since I first saw the clip, but hadn't found anything pointing to the movie.

Looks like fun, but to be picky - how the hell do the persuers keep staying close to this guy? He jumps from window to window and down floors to other balconies and, bam, these guys chasing him are right there anyway!

Or maybe I shouldn't be overly concerned about that kind of thing with this movie...:)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Was wondering the same thing.:D Plus he was pretty familiar with the building and area since he was blindly jumping out of windows and over ledges. And why the hell did his persuers not try that last jump? They had no problem blindly leaping after him before.:confused:

Anyways, I might check out the movie if the other scenes are just as good. Can anyone recommend this movie? If anything I wanna see what other moves they stole from me.;)

. Ultimately the movie tries to be more than mindless action, with the two leads spouting impossibly concise speeches about the responsibilities of government. For a few moments when the punches stop and the posturing begins, it feels like an episode of Dragnet.:) But it's still a crackerjack piece of entertainment, and I definitely recommend it as such.
Banlieue 13 is only currently legitimately available with English subs on an R3 disc, with an unsubbed BTS feature and the trailer as added features. Hopefully it will get an uncut US theatrical release; it would definitely be a hoot to see it with an enthusiastic crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks