What's new

Ideal room size / layout (1 Viewer)

Stauff

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Stauffer
I'm in the process of completing design for a new home. The basement is a blank slate where I have set aside some space for a theater. My most serious restriction is (as you may guess) height. My basement height is 9 feet and I have been told by my builder he will be able to slope down at least 1 foot in the theater area and maybe 2. My current design has a room 18 x 26 with a 1 foot slope. My hope is to have a small counter/bar in the back, two rows of seats (1 raised on a platform, the other on the slope?) and some casual seating near the front. I plan on a front projector and have a niche 6 x 6 in the front right where I think I can put the gear.

Since this is in the planning stage any and all input is welcome. Also any pictures or links to sites that may be helpful is appreciated.

Regards,

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you want already. Check out the gallery of pics and such of other members. I have a link there in my sig. below. If you see something you like, most are more than willing to let you know how they did it.
Good Luck in the rest of your planning!

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

"A row on the slope?" Why not just step down each level? Look at my theater. Link below.

David

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Sounds like you'll have a very nice room for a HT. My basement layout only allowed me room for an 18X14 home theater. I also did a bar, but mine is off to the side in an oddball shaped room that is 7' x 11'. I would also recommend the "stepped" seating vice sloped. Good luck and have fun with it....

GlennG

Auditioning
I agree. 2 levels for seating rather than sloped;

take a look at my old theater..

Stauff

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Stauffer
Thanks for the input. I will be going with two 6" step to allow 12" height between what I expect to be two rows of seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks