What's new

Ice Cream Trucks (1 Viewer)

Wade H

Grip
Okay, so I'm working on my MBA and I'm in a business plan/entrepreneurial class and I need to come up with an innovative business idea (and eventually present to the class). Anyway, I've been thinking of a few ideas and one is... You know how ice cream trucks go around neighborhoods in the afternoon or whenever and ring their bell or play their music in an attempt at getting young children or whomever to pony up for some expensive ice cream?

Well, what do you guys think of a business that would be similar in nature, only the truck would drive around, playing a very different sort of music, and sell beer and liquor to adults? Maybe cigars and cigarettes too. Or something else?

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Don't have any other ideas, but I can say that your current idea (mobile liquor stores) ain't gonna fly. :)

Hell, in most states it is illegal for wineries to ship directly to consumers. Vans roaming neighborhoods selling booze to God knows who will never get approved by any city council or state legislature.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Not a good idea for a mobile cigar/booze type thing. It wouldn't get approved by the city folks.

Now here's an idea:

Open up a women's bar focusing on female things. Have a scrapbooking night, have a Desperate Housewives night etc etc. Have an onsite massuse/manicure/pedicure type thing or have someone lease a spot inside your place for that. Just focus on serving females.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

Kinda like what "Fred Garvin:Male Prostitute" did on SNL years ago?

:D

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
All the "drive around" businesses I remember from my youth have gone the way of the dinosaur. Donuts, bread, ice, milk, diaper service, etc, were viable business models when "mom" was home during the day. Mom is now in the workforce and the kids are in after school programs (for a good part anyway). The ice cream man is the sole survivor and dieing fast too. Netflix beat you to the punch on entertainment delivery.

Mort

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that's because every ice cream truck i see any more looks like it's owned and operated by your local neighborhood psycho-path:

dirty truck, unkempt uniform (if any at all), warbling scary clown music, etc. man, i would never let my kids go near the thing ... much less buy any food from them.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If selling liquor won't fly, then how about selling guns and ammo?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Nah, have one truck selling ice cream and a truck following after it beer and alcohol, then one following that with napkins, new shirts, and bandages, followed by cops and an ambulance!

jay

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
How bout a PUB GRUB TRUCK. perfect to go around neighborhoods during football games. Have the song " ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL" playing. insted of bells have Referee whistles blaring.

OK its 2nd half and more people have come over than you expected the beer might last to the end of the game but the Chips and salsa are at an all time low. You cant leave because the wife has the car and yours is in the shop.

But there is hope its the "PUB GRUB MAN"

selling all of your sunday after noon favorites. for all of your NFL needs

Mozzarella sticks.

Nachos

Pretzels

Buffalo ( Bills) Wings ( mild to HOLY $&^% )

Potato ( RED) Skins

T.O ( Is a ) BRAT(S)

Chili Dogs

Burgers

Popcorn

Pizza By the slice or whole ( limited to cheese and Pepperonni)

Peanuts.

Steak tips

Shrimp cocktail 10 piece minimum.

French Fries

Chicken Fingers.

Beverages Available

Soda/RootBeer/ Ice Tea/lemonade/sprite

Sorry No BEER

Well what do you think.? Have the driver where a Ref out fit and the Truck be Painted to match the Teams Colors. In my Case a Big Pats Truck. The napkins will be yellow to match the flag that the ref throws.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
How about a decked-out van as a travelling brothel? You could call it "Feels On Wheels."

Or how about "Jive And Drive"?

"Come And Go"?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

:laugh:

You just described the ice cream truck in my neighborhood exactly!

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
If you're looking to just drive around peoples neighborhoods and rake in ridiculous amounts of cash, I suggest getting into the landscaping business in Atlanta. No funny uniforms or approval needed.

The only city I can think of that might approve of such a thing(brew cruisers) is currently underwater :frowning: .

Wade H

Grip
Yup, N.O. probably only place that might go for such an idea. Thanks for the replies. Hmmm, PUB GRUB MAN - work on Sundays and Saturdays. Catering to the ladies around the ATL - not sure if I want to get into that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks